A year ago today I gave birth to Quentin Albert. Being a mom has been the best job I've ever had. It's been the hardest job I've had, but I guess that's how it goes in life. The more you put into something the more you get out of it.
My favorite part of some days is nap time and I get tired of constantly making sure he's not eating something or doing something that will hurt him. I get really frustrated when he won't eat and contorts himself every which way while I'm trying to dress him.
I love watching him grow and learn new things. Sitting and looking at books and holding him up while he walks around our little apartment. He's such a happy little guy and everyone who sees him can't help, but want to smile at him and talk to him. It's nice when just wants his mommy when he's not feeling well or is tired and that I know what he needs/wants (most of the time).
There's no special hand book or formula to parenting and every parent and every child is unique so it can be frustrating and exhausting. We're all learning. I figure if it was that important that all parents were amazing God would be more selective on who could procreate. It's a labor of love that brings a sense of purpose to my life that I didn't have when I was going to school and working.
It's very fullfilling and helps me focus on someone outside of myself. I'm so thankful for my little family and look forward to many years to come.
Comments