It's been a really crazy month. After spending every evening selling furniture, packing, or cleaning it's nice to be in Oklahoma at our new place. Now we're in the process of unpacking, but it's about a tenth of our total belongings so it's not so bad.
During the last few weeks I have had some issues breastfeeding, namely that my nipples have been really dry and occasionally bleed. I've been putting lanolin on them constantly but they seem to only get worse. This all started after I had some painful clogged ducts and I was pumping and nursing like mad to try rid of them
I was checking them out last week when I noticed they were really red. I looked online to see if I could figure out what was going on and they looked a lot like those with thrush. Apparently women sometimes get a yeast infection on their nipples when their baby has thrush or a yeast infected diaper rash. Quentin doesn't have either of those things but I figured I should get it checked out before we moved.
The earliest appointment I could get was for Thursday at 3:15 pm (we moved on Friday). The physician's assistant I met with said she couldn't tell if it was a bacterial or yeast infection so she wrote me a prescription for an all purpose cream that could be used for either one and was safe for the baby.
On Friday afternoon I went to Wal-Mart to get it filled and the pharmacist said they don't fill compound prescriptions there and recommended I go to Giant. I stopped into Safeway and they also said they couldn't fill it because they didn't carry one of the ingredients. Giant said that I needed to go to a compounding pharmacy and said that she didn't know of any on the area. I HAD to get back to packing and so my prescription is still unfilled. I guess I need to start calling around Oklahoma City to see if I can find a pharmacy that will fill it.
I had decided to take as much of my frozen breast milk from the freezer as I could fit in my lunch cooler with us to OKC. I left it in the freezer while we packed so it would remain frozen as long as possible and of course I forgot it. I don't know what to do about it and I haven't alerted the renters about it yet. It seems like such a waste to throw it out.
Quentin has had chest congestion and the first night we were on our road trip west he was waking up every hour or so wanting to nurse. We didn't end up leaving our condo until 9:00 PM (8 hrs later than expected) so we didn't get to bed until 2:30 AM. I was super tired plus my nipples were sore. I was really missing all that stored milk. It seemed like everything was working against me at that moment.
While we were packing Quentin started napping better because I just let him cry until he fell asleep. I had to let him have a nap so I could get things done since he's low crawling everywhere now I have to constantly try and keep him out of trouble. He slept a lot on the car ride here but it was hard to stick to any sort of schedule. It will be interesting to see how things work out now that we can start settling in.
The place we're staying in has an indoor pool so I'm excited to start taking Q on a regular basis. There are plenty of places for walking so hopefully the weather isn't too bad out. I really dislike the cold and I don't think I can get myself to go for a walk if it's too chilly out. Yesterday it was 68 degrees. I'm not sure if that's normal, but I was so excited about it.
Comments