Things have been super crazy trying to coordinate two moves, trying to rent our condo, and selling all our furniture. Poor Quentin has been a little neglected as we haven't had as much time to play with him and take him for walks. When my husband is home we have to really get down to business making decisions and calls.
Some days I feel the need to just sit and hold my baby. I think we both need that time during the day to just sit and cuddle. Sometimes I'll put him in the carrier instead of the stroller just have him close. I'm glad that I nurse him so I at least have a minimum amount of time each day to sit and enjoy our cuddle time.
I know that this move is really going to rock his world. First we'll be driving for three days and then living in a new place for four months, driving some more, and then moving again. Hopefully we can keep things pretty consistent so it makes the transitions easier.
I'm a little bummed that his first Christmas isn't going to be with family and will instead be in a small one bedroom apartment where we don't really know anyone and we can't really buy much because we have to bring all that with us to New Mexico.
I had been sort of planning a first birthday party for him, but that's not really going to work out either. Maybe we'll meet some really awesome people in Oklahoma for training too or at church that will celebrate with us. At least we'll be together.
It feels like he's really starting to grow up now with his food getting more complex, eating with his hands, low crawling, and standing holding onto the couch for short amounts of time.
Time seems to have sped up considerably since having Quentin and I'd only going faster as his birthday approaches. I think I finally understand when my parents would tell me to stop growing up so quick. Parenthood really ages you. You turn into your parents very fast.
Comments