Skip to main content

what comes in must come out

Now that Quentin is on solids, his pooping has changed a lot.  It's a lot stinkier for one.  Even with our special diaper pail that worked so well before started to let in the fumes and his room was starting to stink.  My husband cleaned out the pail really well and we started to put the poopy diapers in diaper disposable bags I bought at the dollar store and that seems to have helped a lot.



The other thing that's changed is the frequency.  He used to poo only once a day.  This was bad because we had a  lot of blow outs, but kinda nice too because I only had to worry about changing one poopy diaper a day.  Now he goes 2-4 times a day.  It's solid so he doesn't really have so many accidents, but it isn't fun to change them so much especially now they're so stinky.

Just the other day I was saying how surprised I was that he never got diaper rash and I had all this cream from my baby showers I've never used.  Of course the next week he gets diaper rash.  My friend did warn me that once they start eating solids this becomes more of an issue.  So now I'm happy I have all those tubes of Desitin.

Another reason diaper changing has become a not-so-fun activity is because he is so squirmy now.  He is constantly knocking everything off the changing table and rolling onto to his belly.  It's super annoying.  I give him stuff to play with, but nothing is as cool as baby wipes. I don't think it will be too long before we more this party onto the floor where I can manage him a little better without worrying he'll fall.  Of course then he might just crawl away.

Comments

Amanda said…
Oh the squirmy-ness has just begun. My toddler is all over the place during diaper changes - yes, there comes a time you have to move them to the floor. It's so super aggravating! (So can't wait for her to be potty trained... :)) My friend suggested to me, when Saoirse was little, to try singing the ABCs while changing diapers. Her daughter was super squirmy and that helped her. It helped us a little - just singing something helped. Good luck! :)

Popular posts from this blog

labor & delivery

I'm finally getting around to posting my labor and delivery story.  After I got an epidural I wrote down what had happened so far and after the baby was born I wrote down the rest to make sure I remembered everything.  Since it's been two weeks of not a lot sleep and my memory of the event is somewhat drowned out with all the new mommy stuff, I'm just going to type what I wrote. February 21, 2011 - Monday We got up at abut 6 AM after a short night of lots of cramping.  I was hoping to go into labor or at least make some progress, but no luck.  I was still at 1 cm when the doctor measured me at about 8:30 am.  I got the oxytocin and a bulb to open up my cervix at about 8:45 am.   pre-pain, Nurse Lynn At first the contractions were so bad I wanted to cry and then they slowed down and it was more tolerable, but not to the point where I could walk around and I still threw up from the pain.  It got really bad at 1:10 when they gave me the Pitocin. ...

top 10 reasons I love breastfeeding

I have to preface this list with that it is MY list. Not all these things will apply to everyone.  I am aware that some women have a really hard time breastfeeding, some stick with it and some don't and they would have their own lists of why they like it or not.   Quentin and I have had a really easy time with it for whatever reason.  It's not because of anything I've done.  I do believe it is something all new moms should try.  Not like you tried it once and it didn't work out, but really truly try and get help from a lactation consultant if you need to.  It's totally worth it if you can get it to work for you.  If you decide not to for whatever reason I won't judge you.  I was bottle fed myself and I turned out just fine. 10. Bigger boobs.  I've always had really small breasts and have worn padded bras pretty much since puberty and kids made fun of small cup size.  I like how breastfeeding has made me more proportional a...

breastfeeding & weaning

Quentin has started walking!  Everyday he becomes more and more confident and walks more and more.  He's at about 50% crawling, 50% walking now.  My parents are in town and my mom commented how stable he is for just starting out. I can't really compare him to other kids since I only have the one.  I think he was just waiting until he felt completely confident. He has been eating a lot better lately.  He even ate some tilapia a couple times, but it had to be off of other people's plates for some reason.  I also started feeding him baby food again, which he gladly eats.  He likes it and it's healthy for him so I see no reason to force him to eat other food.  If he's 14 and still wants to eat baby food I guess that will be ok (he definitely wouldn't be overweight), but my guess is that he probably will give in to peer pressure before that happens. Last week he didn't want to take any morning naps, but this week he's been much more interested...