Quentin has been congested for over two weeks now. During the day he seems ok, but when it's time to go to bed he can barely nurse because he can't breath very well. It's sad. It's also sad when we have to hold him down to try and suck the snot out of his nose. Albert usually does the sucking while I do the holding. He screams and screams and it takes him a little bit to calm down afterwards. Sometimes I'm afraid someone will think we're abusing him. He's also been teething. I can see those two top teeth coming in. It won't be long now.
Despite this he has been pretty happy this week. This makes my job so much better. We have been playing more and I've been more conscious of his learning development, especially after I read up on 8-12 month olds in my book so I know what to look for. He's started using a pincher grasp and I saw him up on his knees rocking back and forth. Very exciting! Crawling will probably not be so good for me, but it will open up a whole new world for him so that makes me excited for him.
I've been making new chunkier foods that have more combinations. I roasted a couple potatoes, a sweet potato, and carrots the other day and made three different combinations adding rice, peas, and applesauce. We also introduced rice crackers and string cheese both of which he loves. I often use these to bribe him to eat the other food. I alternate them or make him think he's getting a rice cracker and then put the vegetables in. I don't want to be deceptive to him, but he refuses to open his mouth unless he thinks he's getting a treat and this works for a little bit. A lot of those mommy morals go out the window in favor of practicality. I also gave him the yolks of a couple boiled eggs. He liked it ok, but man that poopy diaper just about knocked me out. So stinky!
I washed up his 12 month clothes and he's starting to wear them. He's so big! His 6-12 month pants are creeping up on him. The nice thing is that my arms are looking good.
He hasn't liked going to sleep lately and especially taking naps. Every time I would go to lay him down he would immediately open his eyes and scream. The only time I could get him to have a nap was in the car or if we took a REALLY long walk. So today I fed him on my bed laying down and that seemed to do the trick. He's still sleeping!
At night he's been crying himself to sleep. Every time I put him in his bed he immediately starts crying. Luckily it doesn't take him long to get the crying out. Last night a friend of ours came and hung out while we went to see Othello! It was the first time we had been out since my dad was in town in April. Quentin cried a little bit and then fell asleep so our friend didn't have to do anything. We just wanted someone there to carry him out in case of a fire. We may just do this date thing again :) My husband really like the silent Shakespeare play we saw, very interesting, and now he wants to see Romeo and Juliet when it comes out.
Comments