The last two weeks Quentin has been waking up at around 6:00 am. This is not good. I miss waking up at 7:30-8:00 every morning. He's immediately very hungry so I know that he needs more solids. This has been the motivation I needed to finally get serious about feeding him solids on a regular basis. The problem is, is that ever since I've upped his solid intake he's been puking a lot more and he's still waking up early.
I have given him mostly rice cereal but yesterday I made ground up oatmeal and carrots and I even saved some in the little freezer trays we bought. He didn't like the oatmeal at all on the first bite but he ended up eating quite a bit in the end. The carrots were a bust. I know that he did eat a little bit because I saw some orange in his puke later on. He disliked them so much that he actually gagged. We'll try again tomorrow.
I borrowed a few books on feeding your baby from the library and the first two seemed complicated and I quickly lost interest. The recipes I used today were from a "For Dummies" book about feeding your babies and toddlers. They have an on-line cheat sheet that is useful. In the next week I'm going to try frozen corn, green beans, and potatoes.
Last Thursday Quentin fell off our tall new bed. I still feel so bad. I had been in the room and thoughtlessly went into the bathroom that is attached to our bedroom for just a second when I heard the thud and crying. After the shock and pain subsided he seemed fine.
My husband was really freaked out when I told him and we talked to my cousin who is a pediatrician. He said as long as they cry right away and don't have any indentations in their skull they should be ok. He said that he sees babies who have fallen off countertops that are younger than Q pretty much everyday and he's never had a bad outcome so that's good. Eases the guilt a little bit. Don't worry I've been hyper vigilant about not putting him where he could roll off.
I'm still worried about what he might find on the ground that I may not have seen. He's pretty good at getting around doing the scoot n' roll so it's hard to keep him contained. I'm thinking we'll have to get out the pack n' play so I can go to the bathroom etc. without worrying about him. He's been raising his butt up for short spurts while in the cobra pose. It won't be too much longer until he figures out how to crawl and then we'll be in big trouble :)
I can't believe tomorrow he'll be 7 months old! We're past the half way mark!
Comments