It's official, I'm now a full-time stay at home mom. I took Quentin on the metro and we went into the city so I could hand in my laptops and see my old co-workers. I thought it might be strange to be back after three months and handing in my resignation, but it seemed totally normal.
I was asked how I like being a mom, which made me think about my new career choice. It feels very natural so it's kind of a strange thing to think about, like asking someone if they like being a daughter or a sister. Not something I really think about. Even though it's a relatively new thing in my life, it doesn't feel that way.
The older Quen gets the more I fall in love with him. I didn't know that I would like being a parent so much. I had heard that it was good, but really the joy I get from that little guy is beyond comparison. We would much rather give Q a bath and see him kicking and smiling than do anything else. It's given me a whole new perspective on parent-child relationships, especially the one with my own parents.
I've also found that I can tell if someone else is a parent pretty easily. There is a whole vocabulary and way of life that I was unaware of before having Q. It really is a sort of club and there's so many things you don't understand unless you're a member.
Comments
And yes, it's totally true about the "parents club." Mostly the vocab, which I of course don't expect them to understand.