Our little guy, Quentin, was born a week ago today after 11.5 hrs of labor. He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 19 inches long. This last week has been an emotional roller coaster. Very busy, very monotonous, very overwhelming, very exciting, very amazing.
![]() |
| Day 2 |
Going through labor and being a parent is one of those things that you must experience to truly appreciate. I had heard that labor was hard and I figured that the hardest thing about being a parent was that it was a 24/7 job, but now I know it.
| Day 2 |
It's different than what I expected too. Not quite the spiritual experience I expected, but wonderful in different ways. I love the way he recognizes my voice and my touch, they calm him down. We have a special relationship.
| 1 week |
Right after he was born I cried because I missed my little buddy in my belly. Silly I know, but I missed those sweet kicks and being able to talk to him all the time. After spending some time with this new little person I realize that my little buddy is still with me, he's the same, but now I can kiss those sweet cheeks and hear him making those cute noises while he eats.
![]() |
| 1 week |
He is the perfect mix of my husband and me and has the sweetest disposition. He's so patient with us as we learn how to be parents. Hopefully we will get to the point where we have some free time in between feeds.


Comments