This morning we had our 37 week appointment. Pretty much more of the same. Everything looks good -- my blood pressure, the baby's heart rate, and my bacteria tests from last week. Surprisingly I didn't gain any weight so that's good news. I was worried they would tell me I needed to stop eating ice cream everyday. Also, no movement on the cervix front, but I didn't expect otherwise.
Thanks to your suggestions I emailed my HR lady about FMLA and confirmed that I could be out of the office for 12 weeks (1/2 unpaid). I decided to tell my boss to plan on me being out the full 12 weeks starting February 17. I'll be telecommuting every Tuesday and Thursday starting TOMORROW so I think I can make it another four weeks.
We'll see how it goes. There's a lot in flux right now with STILL not knowing about the condo and my husband's job situation being what it is. Hopefully next week we'll know better where things stand with everything. At least this way we'll have until May to worry about health insurance and who will be watching the baby.
This weekend we were able to install the car seat for the inspection this Saturday, we bought a car seat cover, did some more baby laundry, and bought the last of the crucial items needed from Amazon. This weekend we're going to finally put up the baby bed and watch the last of the birthing videos. Slowly but surely everything will get done :)
Friday night we had one last hurrah at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, thanks to Restaurant Week. It was tasty like always. I was surprised how many other pregnant women were there. Are we THAT predictable?
Last night we discovered that we have been majorly over paying for car insurance so after some price comparisons and a long chat with my dad about what is really necessary, we are going to be cutting our costs by over half. It's a little sad thinking we've been paying so much all this time when we didn't need to be, but I'm also happy that we have an opportunity to cut costs somewhere when there are so many new expenditures everyday.
Comments