Holy moly! I've never been so swollen! My feet, ankles, calves, and fingers are swollen. I can't wear my wedding ring anymore and I have two pairs of shoes that still fit. My doctor says I should try and lay off the salt as much as possible, but I don't think I eat that much salt. I knew this day would come, but it's sad. Like my mom used to always say, "having babies is hard on your body." It's so true. All those typical pregnancy symptoms are making their appearance. Only another month and a half! I can do it!
![]() |
| from the Baby Center weekly email for 34 wks |
Even though I don't think that this cartoon is very funny, I do find it very true. I wake up several times a night sweating, (although last night I put my pregnancy body pillow between Hubby and I as a body heat barrier and even though I was sad not to cuddle, I slept much better) and my nose is constantly stuffy and sometimes I feel like I can't get enough oxygen. I definitely have problems walking with my aching back and swollen feet. I don't worry too much about glowing since I'm sure people are too focused on my giant zits (or maybe my huge belly might be distracting as well) to notice any glow, unless it's sweat on brow.
It dawned on me the other day that my pregnancy was almost over and it made me a little sad. I will never have this first pregnancy experience again and overall it's been a positive one. I'm sure I will really miss it when I'm getting up all hours of the night to change and feed the baby and later when I'm old and Little Man has grown up and moved away, or maybe I'll just be thankful I'm not pregnant anymore.

Comments
And yes, you'll definitely miss the pregnancy once it's passed...but you'll enjoy him being here so much more! :)