Saturday was my baby shower and it was great. My husband came and took pictures. It was nice to have him there so he could pack out all the gifts :)
My friends really put a lot of effort into it to make it look nice and the food was delicious. I ate several servings...yum!
They used childhood pictures as decorations, it felt very homey with my family photos spread around. Very cute. My friend made cute rings and put them in the little Tiffany boxes for the favors with Asian candy.
We played a game where the lucky contestants raced to suck orange juice out of a bottle. Apparently it's really hard...I haven't tried it. They also played gift bingo and wrote advice for me.
I received a lot of books...16 to be exact, none of them duplicates. Little Bean already has his own library! He will really love this, I'm sure. I thought having a book themed baby shower would be fun, but apparently you don't have to have it as a theme, just invite a lot of teachers :)
I had a lot of fun chatting with all my friends. It was a nice excuse to catch up with everyone.
I got a lot of great stuff, not a lot of it was on my registry, which is ok. We didn't get very many things from our registry when we got married so I figured we'd be buying a lot of the essentials afterward.
I spent ample time searching the internet trying to find the best deals for all the things we need so hopefully we can buy the rest of it this month. So much to do before the baby is due!
Comments