We really like our new recliner - it finally came in the mail. Luckily our apartment people brought it down into our apartment so we didn't have to figure out a way to get it down ourselves. We are friendly with all the front desk folk and they take pity on us from time to time. I still don't know how they got it in the door since the box was very big and square. I'm glad that we decided to go with the recliner instead of the glider, mostly because of the look. Very comfy. I enjoy elevating my slightly swollen feet on a nightly basis.
Last night we put together our swing/bouncy chair instead of going to bed. I'm not sure why I wanted to put it together since neither of us can use it. It looks good, all the pieces were there, etc. but we'll have no idea if it was a good purchase until Little Bean tries it out and decides whether or not he wants to sit in it. Hopefully he likes it. We'll turn it up really high and shush him loudly like on "Happiest Baby on the Block" until he does.
Saturday Hubby was gone to his Air Force Reserves all day so I took it easy doing stuff around the house, sleeping in late and then took a nap for good measure. I've been so tired all the time lately. I figured this was the reason I have also become quite ornery, but it might also be the hormones kicking in. I've been pretty good tempered throughout my pregnancy thus far, but I guess I reached my limit.
I don't want to do anything besides lounge about in my pajamas, eat chocolate, and maybe watch TV, everything else annoys me to no end. So work has been fun. I'm working on a proposal that is somewhat demanding of my time and I am irritated at every request that is made of me. It would be best if I could start maternity leave now, but then there would be none left when the baby actually came. This tiredness comes at a bad time since Hubby is really stressed out with school and is totally unavailable to make me dinner and do the dishes. In fact I have to make HIM dinner. It takes all the energy and good will I can muster to do pretty much anything around the house, at work, or at church.
At nursery at church on Sunday I had to take a break from the kids because they were annoying me so much, well not ALL of them, one in particular. His parents frequently annoy me because they tend to forget him and leave him in nursery well after what is socially acceptable at the end of church when I'm totally beat. This week was no exception. I had to run around the entire church twice with the kid in my arms to try and find his parents. My patience is way down and I'm really trying not to be snarky.
After church Hubby came home early from his Reserves so we could go to the long awaited hospital tour. We were a little late, but we caught up with them before we really missed anything. I was surprised that I was the only one with questions. There was a new dad of twins there that said the hospital was great and my heart melted when we got to look in the nursery window at the babies. That was the best part. It was weird to think that it will be there that we will first get to meet our Little Bean. I can't wait! The rooms looked nice enough and it seems like they have everything under control.
On Monday we had our bi-weekly appointment with the OB. Everything seems to be good. She said my belly is the right size and we listened to the heart beat. Baby Daddy says he wants to record it again next time since he hasn't done it since we were at 20 weeks.
I asked the doctor how she feels about epiziotomies and she says she does not do them - yay! They try and stretch you out with mineral oil and such. I'm going to look into perineal massages - she hadn't heard of doing them before you go into labor so didn't have any advice on that.
It's only now that I am 10 weeks from my due date that I am starting to discuss birthing philosophies with my doctor. Most women probably have that chat before they chose an OB. Luckily we seem to have the same ideas about things. I'm pretty mainstream I guess.
I did look up a lot of reviews about her on-line before I went to her and I like her calm demeanor and she takes time to talk about things which is nice. She says she isn't planning on going anywhere in February so she should be able to deliver my baby, but if for some reason she can't, there are a group of doctors that she works with that are all women and emphasize vaginal births. After hearing about all the swelling and ripping and such that goes on during a vaginal birth, I'm thinking maybe a c-section wouldn't be so bad afterall :)
I asked the doctor how she feels about epiziotomies and she says she does not do them - yay! They try and stretch you out with mineral oil and such. I'm going to look into perineal massages - she hadn't heard of doing them before you go into labor so didn't have any advice on that.
It's only now that I am 10 weeks from my due date that I am starting to discuss birthing philosophies with my doctor. Most women probably have that chat before they chose an OB. Luckily we seem to have the same ideas about things. I'm pretty mainstream I guess.
I did look up a lot of reviews about her on-line before I went to her and I like her calm demeanor and she takes time to talk about things which is nice. She says she isn't planning on going anywhere in February so she should be able to deliver my baby, but if for some reason she can't, there are a group of doctors that she works with that are all women and emphasize vaginal births. After hearing about all the swelling and ripping and such that goes on during a vaginal birth, I'm thinking maybe a c-section wouldn't be so bad afterall :)
Comments
Don't worry too much about the tearing, especially if you do perineal massage and they do massage with mineral oil (my doc did warm compresses, which helped a lot). I tore a very tiny bit and had like 2 stitches, which I didn't even know about until my doc told me he was going to have to do stitches.
I'm so glad you and your doc are on the same page for the most part about birthing strategies! It's so helpful! :)
Oh and enjoy the rest while you can get it...you won't get to relax a whole lot once Bean is here! :)