Little Bean has been moving around a lot more, which has been fun. It's exciting to be getting bigger and see the progress we're both making :) When he kicks I can see my belly move and sometimes it's distracting at work because I want to stop whatever I'm doing and pay attention to my little boy. It's really hard to ignore when I'm having a conversation. My belly button has been changing and I'm not looking forward to having an outie, but I have a feeling it's coming soon.
My husband has had a persistant cough for over a week now, but I'm feeling good. I'm constantly trying to eat better and be active, which is really hard when there are always so many treats around and so much to do. I have noticed that I am getting short of breath much easier, especially while trying to walk to and from the metro from work. I have to go very slow. I have walked on the elliptical a couple times and that works just fine. It seems like my weight gain has slowed down so that's good. I'm trying to take better care of myself since I finally realized that my initial reason for eating so much, the nausea, passed months ago and maybe I could slow down a little.
We've been trying to coordinate our various family members coming into town after the baby is born because we're planners like that and apparently our family members are too. It looks like my parents will be coming for about five days right around the time the baby should come. I'm planning a week after the due date since my doctor said she'll induce me after a week. At first she said my due date was February 17, but occasionally she says February 14 so I'm a little confused on what that will mean for an induction. I'm thinking sooner would be better so we're not in the hospital the majority of the time my folks are in town. So maybe he will be a President's Day baby.
My husband's whole immediate family is planning on coming the first full week in March. It'll be nice that they are all here at the same time because then Hubby won't have to take off more work, but I am a little worried to as how I will be feeling less than two weeks after giving birth. Hopefully we can plan somethings for them to do so they don't get bored. Luckily there are lots of free things to do in DC.
Our big news and surprise of the week is that my husband was selected by the FAA to be an Air Traffic Controller in New Mexico. He will need to go in for an interview before it's final, but it's largely a formality. We had chosen Texas and Florida as our two states so we were really surprised to get New Mexico. I guess everyone else had the same idea of choosing FL and TX and the spots went really quickly for those two states, but they still wanted to hire him so they offered him a spot in New Mexico. We don't know which city in NM, but from our research at where the major facilities/airports are it looks like probably Albuquerque or maybe Roswell. We're hoping for Albuquerque.
He should be contacted to set up an interview in Virginia within a month or so and then he'll have to go through a series of physical and mental health exams plus a background investigation before he'll get his training date to go to Oklahoma City. We'll all move to Oklahoma for 2-4 months before actually moving to New Mexico so it's going to be awhile, hopefully by the end of next year.
We're still pretty shocked about the possibility of moving to New Mexico, neither of us have ever thought about living there and know very little about it. From our little bit of research on Albuquerque it sounds like the weather there is really nice and the real estate is affordable, two things that were of a big concern to me. I don't know anyone who lives there so I'm little nervous about starting from a clean slate that way. At least we knew some people in Texas and Florida and had been there before. I think it will be good, just a big change from living here.
We have our next OB appointment on Monday morning. It's the diabetes test and I'm dreading it. I'm afraid that I'll get a false positive and have to take that horrendous 3 hour test to make sure I don't have it. It is a motivator for me to get on the elliptical after eating large quantities of Halloween candy so maybe some good will come of it.
Comments