Skip to main content

leg cramps and general conference

Not too much has been going on lately on the baby front, which I consider a good sign.  I'm starting to think all my weekly pregnancy updates are a curse.  Every time it mentions something new to look out for I end up getting it.  First it was a bladder infection and lately it's been leg cramps.  Just when I think the symptom of the week doesn't apply to me I wake up with sore calves.

I wish my belly would at lest grow in proportion to my butt.  I'm starting to think that maybe I should lay off the cupcakes.  Of course just as I finished off a batch that I made my sweet friend made me some flour less chocolate cupcakes with cheesecake frosting yesterday.  How can I say no?   They are so good!  Also, we're getting free lunch for the next two weeks at work so it's take out until mid October.  Next month for sure I'm going to start eating better...at least until Thanksgiving.

I haven't really been feeling the baby kick, probably because of all my blubber.  I wish he would get bigger stat so he could remind me he's still around with jabs to the rib.  Occasionally I feel something that could be a kick, but I'm never sure.  Of course those women on "I didn't know I was pregnant" never feel anything so I'm sure it's fine.  I just saw him last week and he was definitely moving around and I couldn't feel a thing.

Saturday morning we went to Target to get our $20 gift certificate for creating a baby registry.  We also picked up four long sleeved maternity t-shirts that were on sale, which ended up only costing $5 each with the gift certificate and sale.  Nice.

On Saturday night we visited a friend of ours that just had a baby girl last week and she let me hold her.  So cute!  I can't believe in a few months I'll have one of my own.  They gave us a lot of great advice, we love getting any sort of advice we can get, and let us borrow their baby names book.  We keep adding names to our ever growing list, not really narrowing it down.  Lately the name we like is Quentin.  I really like Duke, but I'm afraid that it wouldn't really sound good with our last name. 

Our church had its semi-annual General Conference on TV  this weekend so I watched TV and slept a lot.  I napped through both afternoon sessions on Saturday and Sunday which led to going to bed late and being tired all day, requiring another nap.  Unfortunately the trend ends today since my work tends to frown at falling asleep at your desk.  I'm going to be doing a lot of catching up on those sessions I missed.

We had some friends over for the first session of conference yesterday which was fun.  We finally cleaned the apartment and my husband made this delicious BBQ pulled pork.  Unfortunately it took two hours longer than we thought it would and we ended up cooking through the whole session.  It was fun and there was soo much good food there.  Even my gluten-free bun I bought tasted pretty good.  Having a good bun really opens up a world of possibilities.  Maybe someday we'll go get a hamburger on my bun.

I also spent an obscene amount of time putting together a new photography website for my husband who enjoys taking pictures.  He had so many good photos we totally forgot about.  It was fun going through ones from trips we took in the past.  Good times.

Comments

Sara said…
Don't worry Tiff you will feel your baby A LOT in the 3rd trimester especially at night. lol Oh the charlie horses are the worst, I remember those! Well...we are still waiting for you to hold Olivia so maybe you will offer to one day, you need all the practice. lol :) Love ya!
Krysta said…
Eat Bananas! That helped with my leg cramps. You'll probably be really sick of them by the time he comes, but it's worth a shot. Also, put Albert to work. There's nothing like a good foot rub.

Popular posts from this blog

labor & delivery

I'm finally getting around to posting my labor and delivery story.  After I got an epidural I wrote down what had happened so far and after the baby was born I wrote down the rest to make sure I remembered everything.  Since it's been two weeks of not a lot sleep and my memory of the event is somewhat drowned out with all the new mommy stuff, I'm just going to type what I wrote. February 21, 2011 - Monday We got up at abut 6 AM after a short night of lots of cramping.  I was hoping to go into labor or at least make some progress, but no luck.  I was still at 1 cm when the doctor measured me at about 8:30 am.  I got the oxytocin and a bulb to open up my cervix at about 8:45 am.   pre-pain, Nurse Lynn At first the contractions were so bad I wanted to cry and then they slowed down and it was more tolerable, but not to the point where I could walk around and I still threw up from the pain.  It got really bad at 1:10 when they gave me the Pitocin. ...

top 10 reasons I love breastfeeding

I have to preface this list with that it is MY list. Not all these things will apply to everyone.  I am aware that some women have a really hard time breastfeeding, some stick with it and some don't and they would have their own lists of why they like it or not.   Quentin and I have had a really easy time with it for whatever reason.  It's not because of anything I've done.  I do believe it is something all new moms should try.  Not like you tried it once and it didn't work out, but really truly try and get help from a lactation consultant if you need to.  It's totally worth it if you can get it to work for you.  If you decide not to for whatever reason I won't judge you.  I was bottle fed myself and I turned out just fine. 10. Bigger boobs.  I've always had really small breasts and have worn padded bras pretty much since puberty and kids made fun of small cup size.  I like how breastfeeding has made me more proportional a...

callings

It's amazing how a good night's sleep can change your perspective.  Friday and Saturday nights were tough.  For some reason Quentin wasn't sleeping very well.  We think he was gassy.  Sunday evening as I was getting him to bed he was particularly cranky and has this new horrible cry/yell he does that is really annoying and I had a mini break down.   Sometimes I still feel emotionally messed up.  I can get too introspective and overwhelmed.  Overall I think I'm a good mom, but I get scared that I'm going to sabotage my happiness.  Stories about parents hurting their children either intentionally or not (Anthony trial, leaving kids in the car, etc.) really disturb me and I get afraid that I will hurt my baby.  He's so dependent that it would be easy to do.  Then I feel guilty for those thoughts even coming to mind.  (I used to be afraid that I would cheat on my husband, ruining our relationship - as though I had n...