This weekend we went to New York City to visit a friend of mine from high school. It was on the top of my list of things I wanted to do before having the baby. I can't imagine hauling a baby around on the subway and all the walking around the city. I really like to shop and eat and enjoy all things NY, but it seems hard with a baby so we probably won't be going back any time soon.
We had a good time. Our friends took us to all the boutique baby stores that had the most adorable baby clothes and accessories. If we could actually afford any of it our baby would be the coolest baby out there. I did pick up some Baby Legs at Smoochie Baby. I find that to be the most adorable name and I've decided that our next baby will be called Smoochie Baby if I don't start calling Beanie that right now. You can use it if you want, I give you permission :)
![]() |
| photo via here |
Anyway, back to the baby legs. I actually sent my husband a link to these same exact ones last week. I think they're so cute and am certain the bright orange and turquoise will look fantastic on Beanie's olive skin. I already told my husband that he will have to take lots of pictures of Beanie in them with a onesie. I love leg warmers so I'm sure Beanie will too. Either way he's the baby and I'm the mommy so I get to choose what he wears at least until he's potty trained or puts up a huge fight about it.
I've been feeling the baby a lot more lately. This morning he got in a few hard punches in his morning exercise routine that sort of surprised me. I can't wait to take this little guy to tae-kwon-do.
I had my 5 month appointment this morning, I'm starting my 22 week today. I remembered to leave the urine sample in the cup and to ask some of my questions. I won't be getting another ultrasound unless something bad happens, so hopefully we won't be seeing Beanie until he's born. My doctor suggests taking birthing/pregnancy classes at week 32 and suggested checking out hospitals around the area, we don't have to go to our hospital to take the classes, which makes sense. Hopefully we can find some with times that work better for us. Also, I don't have to worry about any brown/pink discharge unless it's bright red. I have pink discharge whenever I exert myself so I try to take it easy.
His heart beat sounded strong and it seems like we're good. We're still working on a name. My father-in-law suggested Victor, which we're taking into consideration. I like the idea of the name, but I'm not sure if I want to call him Vic. I like this baby name wizard. You put in three names you like and it will give you 30 similar names. I'm really starting to think it's going to take us the next 18 weeks to think of a name we like.
I've decided that we need an interior designer friend to come help us with our apartment. My husband wants to get a computer desk and put it in the living room, but I can't imagine how we'd do that without it looking packed with furniture. I think we're going to get rid of the chairs in our living room to make room for a rocking chair. We also need help in picking out storage for the baby to put into our bedroom.


Comments
Also, NYC wasn't too terribly difficult with a baby. We went when Saoirse was 10 months. Invest in a good carrier (Moby wrap, for instance) and/or a baby backpack (we use the REI PiggyBack but Kelty makes a great, smaller, one for day to day stuff that's around $150 at Babies R Us). We definitely did not bother with a stroller in the city.
NYC is the best! When went on Labor Day weekend it was fun but it is a lot of work and stuff to take bc of the baby.
Yeah after my 20 week ultrasound we didn't get anymore either which is a good thing that means everything is okay. I can't wait to hear what you will name him.
XOXO