We had our 12 week ultrasound today and everything looks good! We saw and heard the heart beating and the little legs and arms moving around. It was adorable of course. We were excited to get the pictures and then announce the pregnancy to everyone on Facebook, etc. Our baby measures 4.95 cm from head to rump (1.9 inches), which looks totally normal for the 11-12 wk range.
I'm finally getting around to posting my labor and delivery story. After I got an epidural I wrote down what had happened so far and after the baby was born I wrote down the rest to make sure I remembered everything. Since it's been two weeks of not a lot sleep and my memory of the event is somewhat drowned out with all the new mommy stuff, I'm just going to type what I wrote. February 21, 2011 - Monday We got up at abut 6 AM after a short night of lots of cramping. I was hoping to go into labor or at least make some progress, but no luck. I was still at 1 cm when the doctor measured me at about 8:30 am. I got the oxytocin and a bulb to open up my cervix at about 8:45 am. pre-pain, Nurse Lynn At first the contractions were so bad I wanted to cry and then they slowed down and it was more tolerable, but not to the point where I could walk around and I still threw up from the pain. It got really bad at 1:10 when they gave me the Pitocin. ...
Comments