So more on the ultrasound yesterday. The form said that I was supposed to drink 32 ounces an hour before my appointment. I wanted to make sure that my bladder was full enough so I drank about 48 ounces a couple hours ahead of time. By the time we actually arrived at the place I had to wobble in I had to pee so bad. I had a bit of a wait and when it was finally my turn the technician said that she would hurry so I could go to the bathroom. When she first put the ultrasound wand on my belly she said that the baby wasn't far enough along to do the nuchal translucency test and said that I could use the restroom and would do a vagina ultrasound since we were already there. I wasn't too worry because we had caught a glimpse of Little Bean on the monitor and she looked like a baby not like a clump of cells like last time so I knew at least she was progressing.
When she started the vaginal ultrasound she said that the baby was indeed big enough to do the test and that the excess urine had made the baby look smaller. Next time I'm not going to try so hard. So she did some measurements and we saw and heard the baby's heart beat and the little legs kicking. I had a perma-grin on my face. I can't believe that little person is inside of me! She said everything looked good, which is all I needed to hear.
We stopped by the library on the way home and I came across a video called "In the Womb" by National Geographic and we watched it last night for Family Home Evening. It's a pretty incredible movie and I recommend it I learned a lot about the development of the fetus and the science behind it all. Seeing the baby makes it a little more real than reading my weekly updates from the four different websites that send me stuff.
via here.
I'm definitely looking forward to when the baby can hear my voice (and my husband's) and I think it's so cool that the baby will recognize my voice from the womb. I had no idea that the amniotic fluid takes on the flavor of the food the mother eats so that the baby gets used the tastes and will take better to the breast milk, which also has flavor from the mother's food. It's amazing all that goes on for the baby to prepare to come into the world. It makes me appreciate the details our Father in Heaven thinks of when caring for his children.

Comments
I also <3 prenatal yoga! It really helped me throughout the pregnancy and even into labor!