Yesterday I got off early to go to our first OB appointment. We tried to listen to the baby’s heart beat on the heart doppler but the doctor couldn’t find it. She said it was like looking for a needle in a haystack and didn’t seem worried. I was a little disappointed, but she said we could go in for another ultra sound the first week of August so we’ll see how our Little Bean is holding up in a few weeks. I like my doctor because she’s so confident and relaxed. It makes it so I don’t worry so much.
I told her about my diarrhea and she said that I just have to watch how often it is. If I have more than 4 large ones/day I need to call her because I could be dehydrated. I’m not sure what constitutes large and now I’m paranoid that I’m dehydrated. This would explain why I’m so completely wiped out all the time and constantly thirsty. I looked up the symptoms and I’m still urinating frequently so I don’t know. Maybe it’s just being pregnant and getting over a cold that’s making me so tired.
We went home for a couple hours after our visit and then decided to go to the Sprint store as we’re contemplating a switch in phone service soon. Just going out for a half hour made me so tired. We were supposed to go to Noodles & Company but I asked my husband just to take me home. I had a nap for about an hour at 8 PM and he made me get up to eat, which I didn’t feel like doing, but did anyway. I’m not sure if I’m more tired than other pregnant women or not, but it seems like it. I’m trying to drink tons of water and occasionally Powerade when I have it on hand.
I feel so bad because my husband has had to do pretty much everything all the while working full time and going to school, plus having the Reserves to take up a quarter of his weekends. I know he’s tired and feels a little put out. I just can’t get myself to do anymore. Usually I can push through illness or fatigue, but I’m having a really hard time doing it these days.
Comments