Skip to main content

raging hormones

My prayers were answered and I had a reprieve from the nausea and overwhelming tiredness for a day and that day happened to be my brother-in-law's wedding.  Even my stomach didn't feel too bad.  It was great to be able to get up and dance for a little while until my in laws got concerned that I was over doing it.  By that time I was getting a little tired anyway. 

I admit that I felt left out when my husband said he was going to be driving his brother around during the after party.  I love dancing and going clubs and didn't want him to be out all night if I had to be stuck home in bed.  I knew there was no way I could muster the strength to be awake past 11 pm.  I didn't think it was fair since we were supposed to be in this pregnancy thing together.  Luckily I didn't have to get mad because his brother decided he was too tired to go out anyway.  I really felt for the pregnant teen aged girls who are left at home while their baby daddies are out partying.

My husband was the best man and was busy with his duties most of the time, but we spent a lot of the morning together and some of the reception, the dancing part anyway.  The other time I was with my in laws.  Luckily they put me with my sister-in-laws and their families so it was fun talking since they are all about my age, unlike my siblings who are significantly younger than me.

In the morning of the 4th of July I hung out in the hotel room while my husband played a Monopoly card game in the lobby with his cousins.  He had been playing it every night, but I was just staying awake and not vomit all over everyone and couldn't muster the desire to play games so I had just sat and watched.  This time my patience wore thin I sort of blew up at my husband although I was trying really hard not to.  It was 1:30 pm and I wanted to get lunch and he kept putting me off.  I wanted to go down and say that I was going to get something to eat nearby by myself, but I knew he wouldn't let me go by myself and he would be mad if I didn't tell him so I was stuck waiting.  His sister, who sympathizes with me being pregnant, told him to go get me something to eat.  It all worked out well and we met up with everyone at Ruby Tuesday's.    In the end I barely ate anything.  Oh well.



Right after lunch we went to my new sister-in-law's parents house where they got out the Monopoly game again.  The majority of the people played games and after sitting there for awhile with no car or anything else to do I was so irritated and I felt completely justified in embarrassing my husband again, telling him I wanted to do something else in not a very nice way.  All weekend it seemed like there was nothing he'd rather do than play this one game and I had enough.  I probably would have normally reacted a little differently outwardly even if I felt the same inwardly.  I guess that's the sort of emotional break downs that come from all the hormones.  My filter was completely gone and it was like I was a little kid again.   He took me back to the hotel where I could rest a little bit before we went back for bbq and fireworks, which was a lot of fun.  I tried to behave better after that.

Being back at work as been tough.  It takes all my energy just to get to work in the mornings and I'm completely wasted by lunch time.  Yesterday I fell asleep on the couch at like 9 pm, I just couldn't do it anymore.  I feel bad because I know my husband is also tired and is having to take over a lot of the household chores, but I can't do anymore than I already am.  I could help out around the house more if I didn't have to go to work.  If it was just me I wouldn't do anything.  I wouldn't have any groceries or clean clothes and would just eat granola bars.  I guess we both have to try and cope with this pregnancy thing.  I can't wait until next month when I move into my 2nd trimester.  Everyone promises that I'll have more energy and not so much nausea.

I actually threw up on Tuesday night right before bed.  I felt a lot better.  Instead of holding my hair, my husband ran into the other room gagging.  I don't think he's going to be much help when we have sick kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

labor & delivery

I'm finally getting around to posting my labor and delivery story.  After I got an epidural I wrote down what had happened so far and after the baby was born I wrote down the rest to make sure I remembered everything.  Since it's been two weeks of not a lot sleep and my memory of the event is somewhat drowned out with all the new mommy stuff, I'm just going to type what I wrote. February 21, 2011 - Monday We got up at abut 6 AM after a short night of lots of cramping.  I was hoping to go into labor or at least make some progress, but no luck.  I was still at 1 cm when the doctor measured me at about 8:30 am.  I got the oxytocin and a bulb to open up my cervix at about 8:45 am.   pre-pain, Nurse Lynn At first the contractions were so bad I wanted to cry and then they slowed down and it was more tolerable, but not to the point where I could walk around and I still threw up from the pain.  It got really bad at 1:10 when they gave me the Pitocin. ...

top 10 reasons I love breastfeeding

I have to preface this list with that it is MY list. Not all these things will apply to everyone.  I am aware that some women have a really hard time breastfeeding, some stick with it and some don't and they would have their own lists of why they like it or not.   Quentin and I have had a really easy time with it for whatever reason.  It's not because of anything I've done.  I do believe it is something all new moms should try.  Not like you tried it once and it didn't work out, but really truly try and get help from a lactation consultant if you need to.  It's totally worth it if you can get it to work for you.  If you decide not to for whatever reason I won't judge you.  I was bottle fed myself and I turned out just fine. 10. Bigger boobs.  I've always had really small breasts and have worn padded bras pretty much since puberty and kids made fun of small cup size.  I like how breastfeeding has made me more proportional a...

breastfeeding & weaning

Quentin has started walking!  Everyday he becomes more and more confident and walks more and more.  He's at about 50% crawling, 50% walking now.  My parents are in town and my mom commented how stable he is for just starting out. I can't really compare him to other kids since I only have the one.  I think he was just waiting until he felt completely confident. He has been eating a lot better lately.  He even ate some tilapia a couple times, but it had to be off of other people's plates for some reason.  I also started feeding him baby food again, which he gladly eats.  He likes it and it's healthy for him so I see no reason to force him to eat other food.  If he's 14 and still wants to eat baby food I guess that will be ok (he definitely wouldn't be overweight), but my guess is that he probably will give in to peer pressure before that happens. Last week he didn't want to take any morning naps, but this week he's been much more interested...