Skip to main content

progressing

This morning I had another weird pregnancy dream.  I dreamt I was lying in bed next to my husband, which I was, and I felt the baby move on my left hand side.  I made Albert feel it, it was so cool.  Then the babies feet started coming out, but they were normal-sized and the baby just slid out and was a normal looking healthy baby.  I figured that I must have been like those women on "I didn't know I was pregnant" and was further along than I thought.  Then it went into a weird dream about how I was giving the baby up for adoption and it bothered me that the woman who was adopting my baby was single.

My appetite seems to be increasing lately.  On Saturday day night we went out to dinner with our friends and I ate a whole bowl of salad by myself (they brought my out my own without breadcrumbs).  Then I ate the whole huge bowl of gluten-free pasta I ordered.  I had pretty low expectations for the pasta since they told me before that it was pre-made and they just warmed it up, but it wasn't too bad.

This morning I ate a bowl of cereal, a yogurt, a snack-sized fruit bowl, a soy joy bar, and a small bag of pretzels and I was hungry at noon.  I wish I brought more for lunch.  I still feel nauseous a lot but it seems that as long as I eat I feel better. 

I woke up with really sore arms which I thought was really weird because I definitely haven't been working out, but then I remembered that I was packing around a little girl for two hours in nursery yesterday so that must have been it.  I can't wait to start working out again.  I actually miss it.  Maybe I'll start doing some yoga and see how that goes.  I'd really like to to start doing zumba and the elliptical next month. 

Only one more week until my ultrasound!  I should be starting my 11th week this week.  I figure since my cycle is a little longer (about 30 days) I'm probably a little less along than what my doctor says, but it seems to depend on whose calculating it anyway. 

My scale said that I didn't gain any weight, but my pants sure disagree.  I'm definitely getting bigger and I'm going to have to get out my fat pants pretty soon.  Unfortunately that leaves me feeling frumpier than ever. I've found it really hard to pick out any clothes to wear.  I can't wait until I can start wearing maternity clothes instead of just fat clothes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

labor & delivery

I'm finally getting around to posting my labor and delivery story.  After I got an epidural I wrote down what had happened so far and after the baby was born I wrote down the rest to make sure I remembered everything.  Since it's been two weeks of not a lot sleep and my memory of the event is somewhat drowned out with all the new mommy stuff, I'm just going to type what I wrote. February 21, 2011 - Monday We got up at abut 6 AM after a short night of lots of cramping.  I was hoping to go into labor or at least make some progress, but no luck.  I was still at 1 cm when the doctor measured me at about 8:30 am.  I got the oxytocin and a bulb to open up my cervix at about 8:45 am.   pre-pain, Nurse Lynn At first the contractions were so bad I wanted to cry and then they slowed down and it was more tolerable, but not to the point where I could walk around and I still threw up from the pain.  It got really bad at 1:10 when they gave me the Pitocin. ...

top 10 reasons I love breastfeeding

I have to preface this list with that it is MY list. Not all these things will apply to everyone.  I am aware that some women have a really hard time breastfeeding, some stick with it and some don't and they would have their own lists of why they like it or not.   Quentin and I have had a really easy time with it for whatever reason.  It's not because of anything I've done.  I do believe it is something all new moms should try.  Not like you tried it once and it didn't work out, but really truly try and get help from a lactation consultant if you need to.  It's totally worth it if you can get it to work for you.  If you decide not to for whatever reason I won't judge you.  I was bottle fed myself and I turned out just fine. 10. Bigger boobs.  I've always had really small breasts and have worn padded bras pretty much since puberty and kids made fun of small cup size.  I like how breastfeeding has made me more proportional a...

breastfeeding & weaning

Quentin has started walking!  Everyday he becomes more and more confident and walks more and more.  He's at about 50% crawling, 50% walking now.  My parents are in town and my mom commented how stable he is for just starting out. I can't really compare him to other kids since I only have the one.  I think he was just waiting until he felt completely confident. He has been eating a lot better lately.  He even ate some tilapia a couple times, but it had to be off of other people's plates for some reason.  I also started feeding him baby food again, which he gladly eats.  He likes it and it's healthy for him so I see no reason to force him to eat other food.  If he's 14 and still wants to eat baby food I guess that will be ok (he definitely wouldn't be overweight), but my guess is that he probably will give in to peer pressure before that happens. Last week he didn't want to take any morning naps, but this week he's been much more interested...