Skip to main content

progressing

It looks like I fixed the comment section so if you are so inclined, please feel free to leave a message :)

This weekend was busy even though I only left the house a couple times.  Friday night my husband and I finally went to see Eclipse.  I was surprised to see a big group of 20 something year old guys there.

Saturday I decided to sleep in since I had been so tired lately.  I woke up at 8:30 and figured it was way too early so I went back to sleep and didn't wake up again until noon...whoops.  I did almost all the ironing, but I had hoped to accomplish so much more. I just got so tired so easily.  It's frustrating not to be able to do as much as you would like, or what you used to be able to do.

After church on Sunday I had a nap and then proceeded to pick up stuff around the apartment in preparation for our guests.  Our house was so dusty, I think it made me sick trying to clean it all.  I took an allergy pill but that didn't seem to really help.

My husband came home and cooked most of dinner.  He's such a trooper.  He was really tired from getting up early and having to run, but he knew I could barely set the table and there was no way I was going get any food made.  Our guests came and everything went well.  I enjoyed chatting and catching up.  My husband ran around getting food for everyone and cleaning up.  I don't think he thought it was all that enjoyable since he was tired and working hard, plus he didn't really know any of the people we were talking about. 

I was a little worried about their kids not having anything to do and tearing our apartment apart, but they were pretty well behaved.  We popped in Fraggle Rock and they watched that while they played with our coasters.  I brought out a couple kids books I have and the little girl looked through them.  Overall, I was happy with the way things went.  It wasn't really weird and my friend's wife was fairly fun to talk to.  My husband thought it was a little boring, and I guess he was right, but boring is ok with me in this instance. 

I was feeling kind of sick so I took some cold medicine before I went to sleep.  I slept pretty soundly, but I still had a lot of nose issues and now I feel super drowsy.  Why can't I ever just be pregnant?  I had a cold the first few weeks, then I got diarrhea (which I still have), and now I can't breath.  I'm wondering if it's because of all the dust I came into contact with yesterday.  I heard that your immune system isn't very good when your pregnant, but this is a little much.

I'm looking forward to our first OB appointment on Wednesday.  I'm really curious to see how things are progressing after our last ultra sound which didn't really show anything.  There should be a heartbeat so we'll know if it's alive at least.  Sort of hard to tell when it's still a little ball of cells.  It will be much more real to me when I hear/see a heartbeat.

Comments

g-ma mom said…
I was stuffed up the whole time I was pregnant with you! That is so weird. Try some saline spray, maybe that would help. I remember using nasal spray back then, which probably wasn't the best idea. But at least it doesn't have to go through your digestive track. It won't make you tired like anithistamines.

g-ma

Popular posts from this blog

labor & delivery

I'm finally getting around to posting my labor and delivery story.  After I got an epidural I wrote down what had happened so far and after the baby was born I wrote down the rest to make sure I remembered everything.  Since it's been two weeks of not a lot sleep and my memory of the event is somewhat drowned out with all the new mommy stuff, I'm just going to type what I wrote. February 21, 2011 - Monday We got up at abut 6 AM after a short night of lots of cramping.  I was hoping to go into labor or at least make some progress, but no luck.  I was still at 1 cm when the doctor measured me at about 8:30 am.  I got the oxytocin and a bulb to open up my cervix at about 8:45 am.   pre-pain, Nurse Lynn At first the contractions were so bad I wanted to cry and then they slowed down and it was more tolerable, but not to the point where I could walk around and I still threw up from the pain.  It got really bad at 1:10 when they gave me the Pitocin. ...

top 10 reasons I love breastfeeding

I have to preface this list with that it is MY list. Not all these things will apply to everyone.  I am aware that some women have a really hard time breastfeeding, some stick with it and some don't and they would have their own lists of why they like it or not.   Quentin and I have had a really easy time with it for whatever reason.  It's not because of anything I've done.  I do believe it is something all new moms should try.  Not like you tried it once and it didn't work out, but really truly try and get help from a lactation consultant if you need to.  It's totally worth it if you can get it to work for you.  If you decide not to for whatever reason I won't judge you.  I was bottle fed myself and I turned out just fine. 10. Bigger boobs.  I've always had really small breasts and have worn padded bras pretty much since puberty and kids made fun of small cup size.  I like how breastfeeding has made me more proportional a...

breastfeeding & weaning

Quentin has started walking!  Everyday he becomes more and more confident and walks more and more.  He's at about 50% crawling, 50% walking now.  My parents are in town and my mom commented how stable he is for just starting out. I can't really compare him to other kids since I only have the one.  I think he was just waiting until he felt completely confident. He has been eating a lot better lately.  He even ate some tilapia a couple times, but it had to be off of other people's plates for some reason.  I also started feeding him baby food again, which he gladly eats.  He likes it and it's healthy for him so I see no reason to force him to eat other food.  If he's 14 and still wants to eat baby food I guess that will be ok (he definitely wouldn't be overweight), but my guess is that he probably will give in to peer pressure before that happens. Last week he didn't want to take any morning naps, but this week he's been much more interested...