I just read a sad blog post about a woman who had a miscarriage at 16 weeks. I was hoping that if I reached the 12 weeks mark I'd be safe, but she was past that and even had an ultra sound that was perfectly normal. Then I remembered another woman who lost her baby to whooping cough not too long ago. She had even delivered a healthy baby and then lost it. I realized there is no safe. You're never safe from loss and hurt. You could lose someone you love at any time. This is why you can't live your life worrying and fretting that the worse has already occurred otherwise you would be too bogged down with potential sadness to ever enjoy life. So no more worrying. Not for me. (Well, not a lot of worrying, lets be realistic.)
I'm finally getting around to posting my labor and delivery story. After I got an epidural I wrote down what had happened so far and after the baby was born I wrote down the rest to make sure I remembered everything. Since it's been two weeks of not a lot sleep and my memory of the event is somewhat drowned out with all the new mommy stuff, I'm just going to type what I wrote. February 21, 2011 - Monday We got up at abut 6 AM after a short night of lots of cramping. I was hoping to go into labor or at least make some progress, but no luck. I was still at 1 cm when the doctor measured me at about 8:30 am. I got the oxytocin and a bulb to open up my cervix at about 8:45 am. pre-pain, Nurse Lynn At first the contractions were so bad I wanted to cry and then they slowed down and it was more tolerable, but not to the point where I could walk around and I still threw up from the pain. It got really bad at 1:10 when they gave me the Pitocin. ...
Comments