This morning I went in for my annual GYN appointment. Since I just tested positive they took a lot of blood and the doctor was really nice and answered our questions about the medication I have been taking in the past for my migraines and eczema. No more migraine medication, but I can still use my eczema cream. Let's pray I don't get a migraine cuz I can only take 2 Tylenol every so many hours.
I am very excited to use my eczema medication again cuz I have some on my face that's starting to get worse again...stress maybe? and I'm thrilled about being about to take mucinex. I haven't gotten much sleep because I wake up every 3 hours not being able to breathe. Yay!
The nurse said I can call tomorrow to get the official pregnancy test results. Sometimes it doesn't seem real so I have to remind myself that I haven't gotten my period yet so it must be real...right? I have some symptoms...gassiness, bloating, some nausea, crazy emotions, and slight abdominal crampiness. I only get bloated right before my period so that's a sure sign of crazy hormones. I picked up a load of pregnancy books from the library yesterday and started thumbing through them and I feel reassured that all my symptoms are completely normal.
| the similac gift bag we got from the doctor's office |
This morning when my husband so kindly made me a big nice breakfast, I didn't really want to eat. I couldn't eat the scrambled eggs so he made me a friend egg that I made myself eat. I like eggs so I'm not sure what's up. The sausage wasn't appealing at all so I gave him all my food except for the gluten free pancakes. Sweet seems acceptable.
I've been so tired lately. I haven't wanted to do anything lately. I go home and I have to make myself do something. My husband has always been good at picking up household chores so he's continued doing a lot of it.
I'm happy with my OB/GYN. I've only been to the GYN one time, 2 years ago (bad I know), and it was an unpleasant experience. The woman was really rushed and seemed to have no interest in me or my nervousness at the situation. This doctor was chatty and relaxed and it didn't hurt at all. She gave us lots of information on how it would go. Where we would deliver the baby, how often I would have my appointments, gave me samples of pre-natal vitamins, when I would need to stop traveling (mid-December). It was great. I had done my research ahead of time and all the good reviews about her seem to be correct.
It seem so much more real now. We have our next appointment on July 14! I hope we get to hear the baby's heart beat :) She also set my due date as February 17. All the different websites said something different (none said February 17), so it's nice to get a definitive answer on the subject.
Comments