So I take back what I said about all of Quentin's sleeping issues working themselves out. Right after I said that he started waking up at 5:30 AM and refusing to nap. I borrowed The Sleep Lady's Good Night, Sleep Tight by Kim West from the library (the library here in Oklahoma City is great!) after a friend of mine recommended it. Then my grandpa died and we had to go to Wyoming for a week which really threw off his sleeping. I couldn't let him cry and he was sleeping with me so he was up all night. He did nap well while we were there.
Since we've been back I've been trying hard to get him to sleep longer and take naps. There has been a lot of crying. He isn't comforted by the shushing West recommends so I've pretty much just gone back to the crying it out method. He's now waking up at 6:00 AM so we've made some progress. At least Albert is out of the house so they aren't being woken up by each other. I contribute it also to the white noise maker we bought. He hasn't been woken up by us in the evening ever since.
Today I decided to try and stick to the schedule in the "Contented Little Baby Book." One of my many problems is that I don't wake him up when he over sleeps in the morning or his morning nap. This causes him to either skip his morning nap or his afternoon nap. Today I woke him up from his morning nap mostly so we could go to the library's play time for babies and tots. Right now he's supposed to be napping and I know he's sleepy, but he's chatting away in his bed. He did that this morning and finally fell asleep a little while later so I'm hoping for the same result this afternoon...and he's out!
While we were in Wyoming Quentin only ate store bought baby food and when we got home I had trouble getting him to eat the home made stuff. I've been analyzing the store bought stuff and I think it's pureed more than what I make so the last couple days I've been really whipping it up in the Magic Bullet and he's actually eating it. It's peas, carrots, corn, and turkey flavored with onion powder and parsley like the ingredient list for turkey dinner says and he eats it. I'm thinking it's more of the texture than the ingredients. Imagine if I ate all those veggies. I'd be so healthy!
I've been making his food in the crockpot lately. Today I put in apple, carrots, and sweet potato and some water. I'll add some cinnamon in ten hours after it's done. It's so easy, all you have to do is stir it, and it's so soft and easy for him to eat. Plus it makes the apartment smell good. Well, it didn't smell so good when I made potatoes, carrots, and broccoli. The broccoli was really soft, which was perfect.
Comments