Life has gotten way busier now that Baby Boy is crawling. I was looking at pictures just from the beginning of November the other day and was amazed how much he's changed. He has lost a lot of chub.
The nice thing with all this exercise is that he's been napping everyday and lately it's been twice a day. For the most part they are nice long naps too. Heaven knows I need a break and am willing to let him cry if he needs to, but it's never for very long. When he's done he stands up and pushes the door to the closet open and yells for me.
He has even gone to sleep without nursing. Really he doesn't need to nurse to go to sleep anymore. Nothing I did, he just got to the point where he was so tired he just went to sleep. When I tried to get him to do it before he would cry and cry. It was horrible. It seems like you can either fight them until they succumb or just wait until they're ready. Sometimes you have to fight them, but I usually like to take the path of least resistance when possible.
Living in a one bedroom has been surprisingly easy. I thought it would be much harder. I think it's doable because we don't have all our stuff with us. Quentin doesn't have that many places to go, but it makes it easier to make the place baby friendly. I wouldn't say that it's baby proof, but with some monitoring no one/nothing has been hurt or broken.
The nice thing has been the pretty nice weather in OKC and having a walk-able apartment complex. We walk to the pavilion where we eat twice a day and we've also walked to the library which is pretty close. We finally went to the indoor pool yesterday, but the pump was broken and the water was too cold. Quentin likes eating at the pavilion because there are so many people to look at and who want to talk to him. He actually eats a lot better there than at home.
I did get my nipple cream the day I wrote the last post and I'm happy to report that I am infection-free. It's so nice!!
Comments