I was going to write how Quentin has suddenly started taking naps, he has been taking a nap at least once, usually twice, a day since last Wednesday when I strolled him around Kohls for over an hour to get him to go to sleep. Of course as I type this he is staring up at me on the video monitor. I'm thinking we might have to move up that trip to Target and hope he falls asleep in the car or at the store. I fed him for over a 1/2 hour and thought for sure that would get him ready for a nice long nap, but as soon as he was done he was bright eyed and bushey tailed.** He has been sleeping well at night still so things are going pretty well.
I've been trying to improve myself in order to feel more stable emotionally and healthier. We've been going to bed earlier, I borrowed videos from the library and have been working out for the past three days, I also borrowed a novel I've been reading = less tv, praying more, and reading scriptures with my husband at night. I don't know if it's really done much for me emotionally. Maybe it just takes time or perhaps I need some time off from the baby. I'm thinking I'll be using my time at my parent's home as a bit of a break since I'll have help during the day, won't have to cook, and am going to work on a new mom make-over :)
I really liked this post "8 confessions of a new dad" on "A Cup of Jo." Hopefully he's right about things getting back to normal after nine months...only five more months to go! I read them to my husband and asked him if he thought they applied to him. He said that he wasn't ever afraid that I would love Q more than him, but that sometimes I do act like I'm on something. Not drugs, maybe hormones.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend. The Folklife Festival starts today and 4th of July festivities are on Monday. Overall life is good and I'm so thankful for our nice condo with A/C, a wonderful husband, and a sweet baby.
**Update: Q fell asleep in his bed after hanging out in there for little while. Woot!
**Update: Q fell asleep in his bed after hanging out in there for little while. Woot!
Comments
Oh, and congrats on Q going to bed. We live for those kind of miracles!