Today Quentin had the biggest blowout yet. It went all the way up his back to his neck and all the way down his thigh. It was all over my shorts. Not like it just leaked through, but actual chunks. It also got on our new couch and one of the pillows. Of course it got on his changing pad too. It was all out in just one push. Amazing that there was any in his diaper at all.
Quentin has a pretty predictable pooping schedule. He generally only poops once a day, in the late afternoon, while he's eating. Since he only goes once a day he has a lot of blowouts and since he hadn't gone yesterday I was waiting for it this morning, but it had never been this bad.
My friend's baby who is only a month younger than Q poops after every meal. Only going once a day has it's advantages and disadvantages. The blowouts are a big disadvantage, but I don't worry about him pooping during the night so I rarely change him until morning.
It's funny how he likes to go while he eats. I definitely know when he's gone because I'm right there and sometimes I have to sit and smell it until he's done eating or I get it all over me. I love my quirky little boy.
Comments