Good news! I have been approved for the waiver for the insurance premiums and so I am quitting my job officially. I called my boss to tell him that I had a great experience working at my old company and he assured me that we were parting on good terms. I'm happy, but I'm also really nervous. We're now going to living on one income with a new mortgage and a new baby so our budget is going to be much more strict. I have to keep reminding myself all my reasons for staying home.
I've also been conflicted about not returning to work as I will need to redefine myself and move from one stage of my life to another. I figure it will give me the opportunity to do other things I haven't been able to do because of work once I get this parenting thing down, like get involved in my community, make new mom friends, learn new skills, and eventually I'll most likely get another master's degree and probably go back to work when the kids are in school.
It reminds me of when I was getting ready to come home from a mission and I was distraught that I would have to stop doing the most important work I could imagine to return home to focus on myself. I read the scripture in Ecclesiastes 3:1 that says, "To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
It is something I have to remember. There is a time to live with parents, a time to go to college, a time to go on a mission, a time to get married, a time to have a career, a time to raise children, a time to be a grandparent, etc.
It is difficult to let go of different stages of our lives, but sometimes you have to close one door so that you can open up another. If I chose to stay in one stage of my life forever I would miss out on the other wonderful things life has to offer.
Comments