Skip to main content

my crazy life

Life has been super crazy these past two weeks. My dad and his wife were in town, Quentin was blessed, we moved into a partially renovated condo, all of us got super sick, and now we've been trying to settle in while contractors visit our home daily.

Since my husband now has a permanent job with insurance I could stay home with the baby, however I just discovered yesterday that if I don't report for duty a week from today I may have to repay all the insurance premiums my company paid for me over the last couple months. I wasn't planning on going back, in fact I was going to call my boss to break the news yesterday before I found out about the premiums which could be thousands of dollars. 

We don't have any child care lined up but my sister-in-law can come up here for a couple weeks so I could go back for a month. I feel like this would be a huge waste of time because my work is project based so just as I was reintroduced to my projects I would be handing in my resignation. I decided to email my HR director and boss to see what they have to say about the situation.  Hopefully they will waive the insurance premiums and save us all some time.  Otherwise they can give me some short-term tasks for a month.  

I feel much better having been upfront about the situation.  I didn't want to go back with certain pretenses that I would be continuing on when I had no intention in doing so.   I feel bad that I didn't realize all this sooner, maybe a week or two ago, but I was really swamped and sick and living in a construction zone with no internet so hopefully they'll forgive me.  I really hate the thought of not being with my baby all day, but I know he won't even remember me not being there.  

As far as any schedule goes that went out the window when my dad and his wife came into town and we spent a large portion of each day visiting various tourist sites in the area and Quentin slept a lot.  Fortunately he slept well at night.  I think he was really tuckered out after being out and about all day.  Maybe I should take him out more.

Last week my husband and I were both really sick and couldn't do anything.  Quentin has been sleeping between us for the last week and a half and I know it's going to be horrible to get him to not only sleep in his own bed again, but his own room.  On Saturday we realized Q had also gotten the bug when he sneezed four times in a row and ended up with boogers strewn all over his face.  He seems to be feeling better and never got a fever or anything.  It's so sad to see him sick and he's as whiny as his dad is when he is sick and he can't even talk :)

The construction is almost done.  Hopefully it'll be done today and we can really start putting everything away and won't have to worry about cleaning our house everyday after they leave and can leave all our stuff in the bathroom and on the counters in the kitchen.  

I had to spent a couple hours sitting on the balcony with the baby while they painted since the fumes were so strong.  It gave me some time to finally cut my nails.  We were so excited to find the nail clippers last night.   Finding and putting everything away takes so much time it's really hard to feel like I'm on the ball about anything.

Comments

Amanda said…
Don't stress too much about getting him to sleep in his own bed/room, honestly. I've read a lot of stuff lately about co-sleeping and the notion that it doesn't last forever! :) We had Saoirse in our room nightly for the first five months of her life and went cold turkey one night having her sleep in her crib and she did awesome!! He'll get on track and so will you guys.

Glad things are working out with your condo and that you guys should be able to get fully settled soon. I can't imagine that sort of stress with a newborn/infant.

Popular posts from this blog

labor & delivery

I'm finally getting around to posting my labor and delivery story.  After I got an epidural I wrote down what had happened so far and after the baby was born I wrote down the rest to make sure I remembered everything.  Since it's been two weeks of not a lot sleep and my memory of the event is somewhat drowned out with all the new mommy stuff, I'm just going to type what I wrote. February 21, 2011 - Monday We got up at abut 6 AM after a short night of lots of cramping.  I was hoping to go into labor or at least make some progress, but no luck.  I was still at 1 cm when the doctor measured me at about 8:30 am.  I got the oxytocin and a bulb to open up my cervix at about 8:45 am.   pre-pain, Nurse Lynn At first the contractions were so bad I wanted to cry and then they slowed down and it was more tolerable, but not to the point where I could walk around and I still threw up from the pain.  It got really bad at 1:10 when they gave me the Pitocin. ...

top 10 reasons I love breastfeeding

I have to preface this list with that it is MY list. Not all these things will apply to everyone.  I am aware that some women have a really hard time breastfeeding, some stick with it and some don't and they would have their own lists of why they like it or not.   Quentin and I have had a really easy time with it for whatever reason.  It's not because of anything I've done.  I do believe it is something all new moms should try.  Not like you tried it once and it didn't work out, but really truly try and get help from a lactation consultant if you need to.  It's totally worth it if you can get it to work for you.  If you decide not to for whatever reason I won't judge you.  I was bottle fed myself and I turned out just fine. 10. Bigger boobs.  I've always had really small breasts and have worn padded bras pretty much since puberty and kids made fun of small cup size.  I like how breastfeeding has made me more proportional a...

breastfeeding & weaning

Quentin has started walking!  Everyday he becomes more and more confident and walks more and more.  He's at about 50% crawling, 50% walking now.  My parents are in town and my mom commented how stable he is for just starting out. I can't really compare him to other kids since I only have the one.  I think he was just waiting until he felt completely confident. He has been eating a lot better lately.  He even ate some tilapia a couple times, but it had to be off of other people's plates for some reason.  I also started feeding him baby food again, which he gladly eats.  He likes it and it's healthy for him so I see no reason to force him to eat other food.  If he's 14 and still wants to eat baby food I guess that will be ok (he definitely wouldn't be overweight), but my guess is that he probably will give in to peer pressure before that happens. Last week he didn't want to take any morning naps, but this week he's been much more interested...