Everything seems to be going well these days. The main goal I have is to get Quentin sleeping in his bed during naps. This is hit and miss. I try to put him in his bed instead of letting him sleep on me which is his preference. Today his stomach seemed to be hurting him a lot and he kept crying so I put him in the Moby and let him sleep.
The pumping is going well. My husband bought me a Medela Swing Breast Pump, which is nice. He's been feeding him with the bottle occasionally which has allowed me to attend a baby shower and to sleep early. I'm looking forward to taking a bottle with me to church on Sunday so my husband can take him during the third hour and feed him.
I've been extra frustrated with my HR again today because I found out that I was supposed to contact this company that provides the short-term disability so I could get paid but no one told me that so I didn't get paid during the last pay period and it will take five days to process my claim. Seriously people! I cannot be the first person to ever go on maternity leave! I don't know how it's supposed to work, I've never done this before.
So I called the disability company and while I was on the phone the baby woke up and I started to feed him. I'm still producing a lot of milk so when he unlatched milk started spurting everywhere. It was pretty awesome except for the fact that I had the baby in one arm and the phone in the other.
My husband accepted a permanent position in HR at the FAA on Wednesday. It's great because he'll have insurance so I'll have the option to not work. The only problem is that his pay isn't as much as we'd hoped so it's going to be tight if I stop working.
My six week check up with my OB/GYN is Monday and I'm looking forward to that. I want to start a workout routine, but I'm not sure how that's going to work. I used to go to the military base and do a boot camp class which helped me lose 20 pounds the summer of '09 and I'm thinking about getting back into that. It's in the evenings so my husband could watch the baby. We also have a nice elliptical I could start using.
So far I've been too overwhelmed to really think about it. When I have any free time I do one of four things: dishes, cook/eat , fold/iron laundry, or sleep. I'm hoping to get Quen on a more predictable napping schedule so I can do more during the day. I've continued to lose weight and only have 10-15 lbs to go. My body is still really strangely shaped so hardly any of my clothes fit even though I've lost a lot of weight. I think working out will help my body shape.
Comments