We had our last OB appointment this morning! My blood pressure is "excellent" and the baby is definitely head down because she said she touched his head when she was doing the exam! I'm officially dilated to a one, 0% effaced. This was super exciting for me even though the doctor tried to down play it by saying some women are a three at 36 weeks. Maybe he will come this week after all! That would be excellent. She said the main problem is that the baby hasn't dropped yet so there isn't any pressure on my cervix so it will open up.
So if he doesn't come this week the plan is to be induced on February 21 - a week from today - at 8:00 AM. I have to be there at 7:00 AM to fill out paper work, most of which I'm sure is already done since I pre-registered. I'm supposed to eat a big breakfast since I'll be on an all liquid diet for the next 12+ hours. She said I can bring my own transparent beverages/food (if you count jell-o as a food) if I like. Any suggestions?
Also, a pregnant woman and her baby died of what they suspect to be H1N1 and another definitely has it and is in the hospital right now so they are really cutting back on visitors and visiting hours. I don't anticipate this being a problem as I wasn't really expecting visitors.
Yesterday I woke up feeling really dizzy, which sort of scared me since I haven't felt that way in awhile. I looked it up on the internet, which is the source of all knowledge, and apparently it's common so that made me feel better. I was late to church, but felt fine the rest of the day.
I broke down and bought some nasal decongestants on Saturday and have felt much better. I was super miserable all night long and I bought the ones that only had the decongestant as the active ingredient even though I wanted to buy the night time stuff. I figured it was better for the baby.
Friday morning as I was walking from the metro to work I decided that I was done with being pregnant. I now understand why all those women talk about how horrible the final week(s) are. I'm so glad my doctor believes in inducing at 41 weeks because honestly I don't think I could do it another two weeks. That would be so miserable. The only thing keeping me going right now is knowing that it will all come to an end in one week's time.
Normally I would be so happy only having to work three days in a week, but right now each day seems like a week. It might as well be another month of work. I'm telling you my whole perspective has changed dramatically. You really can't understand until you get there. I think it's the Lord's way of preparing you to be willing to push the baby out of your body with a great deal of pain just to have your body back. The delivery part still scares me, but being responsible for him afterward is even more scary. Being pregnant for the rest of my life is worse than taking care of the baby though so I guess it must be done.
I'm excited and nervous and just tired. I'm really looking forward to meeting my little baby and starting this new adventure in motherhood. It will be quite the career change. I'm happy to finally do something I feel really passionate about.
I'm also looking forward to renovating and moving into our new condo. We had the inspection on Saturday. I can't wait to have all that space for our little baby to roam around and be able to paint the walls and choose what it looks like. Unfortunately it's not like on TV where you just have to wait a half hour to see the final product and it's going to be a lot of work and money.
Comments