In order to get in as much non-baby entertainment in as possible we went to two plays this last weekend after going to "Stomp" on Tuesday. The one on Friday was good, but too much swearing and the one on Saturday was very disappointing, to the point where we walked out. It was inappropriate and boring. We were falling asleep. I think I'm done watching plays for awhile, it's just too hard for me to sit there that long and not be able to stretch my legs.
We also got our car seat inspected by the police. It was good, but he tightened it up a bit so it's even more secure. On Sunday evening we put up the baby bed so we're all set. I'm loving the extra space under the bassinet to put blankets and diapers. It's so exciting having it up.
Monday we had our 38 week appointment and while the doctor was quietly listening to the baby's heartbeat (which is unusual because she generally talks over it) she said that she didn't want to scare us but...it doesn't look like the baby is coming anytime soon and she doesn't want the baby to go over 41 weeks and I might need to be induced and have an epidural because of the extra pain that comes with the Pitocin.
We were a little freaked out, we thought she was going to say there was something wrong with his heart, maybe he was stressed out. I have been planning on having to be induced and getting an epidural so while this news isn't what I would like to hear, it's not something that is disturbing to me. After watching natural births on A Baby Story I've become even more sure about the epidural. On an episode I watched today one lady was convulsing from the pain. No thank you.
Monday we had our 38 week appointment and while the doctor was quietly listening to the baby's heartbeat (which is unusual because she generally talks over it) she said that she didn't want to scare us but...it doesn't look like the baby is coming anytime soon and she doesn't want the baby to go over 41 weeks and I might need to be induced and have an epidural because of the extra pain that comes with the Pitocin.
We were a little freaked out, we thought she was going to say there was something wrong with his heart, maybe he was stressed out. I have been planning on having to be induced and getting an epidural so while this news isn't what I would like to hear, it's not something that is disturbing to me. After watching natural births on A Baby Story I've become even more sure about the epidural. On an episode I watched today one lady was convulsing from the pain. No thank you.
I've become a little obsessed with the daily bargain sites and have to check each one everyday. I find the really good ones on Baby Cheapskate. We have bought some things off of them and so far we've been pleased with our purchases...good thing too because you can't return them.
Our first purchase was two micro-fleece Halo baby sacks from BabySteals.com for $38 with shipping and since one had ended up coming with a slightly different pattern than advertised they gave us $4 back so it was an even better deal. It's a pretty safe purchase since they have great ratings anyway and they are regularly $25 each.
Then we bought a Royal Blue Crush (Corduroy) Sprout Shell from Baby Half Off for $23.91 including shipping. You can use it as a car seat, shopping cart, restaurant high chair, and a nursing cover. It washed up nice and fits great on our car seat. I like the window on the top so you can check on the baby without disturbing him. They normally sell for $40.
The other day we bought the Fisher-Price Dwell 3-in-1 High Chair from BabyAge.com for $50.98 including shipping. We haven't got it yet so I'm not sure how it will work out, but it has received pretty good reviews and is selling for $73 including shipping on Amazon. You can use it as a high chair, space saving high chair that attaches to chairs, and as a booster seat. Plus it looks cool.
Since we'll be moving into a bigger place with multiple rooms, we bought the Lorex LW2003 LIVE snap Video Baby Monitor on a daily bargain on Amazon for a total of $89.99. This includes the $10 off we got from buying a $20 Amazon gift certificate for $10 on Living Social. It's regularly $178.95 including shipping. We received it, but haven't played with it yet so we can't say if we like it or not.
Today we bought the Cybex 2010 Topaz Stroller in stone from Kids.Woot! for $94.99 with shipping. The cheapest I saw it was on AlbeeBaby for $190. I guess we'll see how we like it in a week or so. It's sort of funny after all the shopping we did for strollers and then we buy this stroller without even seeing it. We did some research on-line and we do know what kind of things we like after all our shopping. Hopefully it fits in our car!
We have bought so much stuff for this little guy we had to buy a new place to live just so we'll have space to keep it all :) I keep telling myself that it's a good investment because we can use a lot of it with subsequent babies.






Comments
Oh I was 41 weeks and my dr would not let me go past that either. I had to be induced...twice! It was not bad but I am sure glad I took the pain meds and epidural.
Good Luck! :)
The natural childbirth you saw was not the norm. I did it and was not convulsing. I know several moms who did it and didn't convulse. And I'm honestly not able to tell you how painful it was or wasn't because I just don't remember. And I was in labor for several hours - pushed for 3. The epidural freaks me out. A LOT! :) Especially after hearing other mom's horror stories with them. But if I had to be induced, I'd probably end up with an epidural, too. You don't have time to "warm up" to the contractions.
My doc said I can go until 42 weeks. Try walking around a lot (the mall, etc.). That can sometimes help the baby move down into position.