We have a few lists of things that need to be packed, done, and bought before Baby is born and we checked off a few more items from each list this weekend. Besides baby stuff we spent a lot of time thinking about and looking at a foreclosed condo we found last week. It needs some work in the kitchen and bathrooms, but otherwise it's in pretty good shape for a foreclosed place. Plus it's right around the corner from the metro and has three big bedrooms and closets and it's cheap!
We love watching tv shows about real estate flippers so we have all these ideas on how we're going to remodel, how to save money, how to keep the changes neutral so the next person will like the changes too. We went onto the various DIY websites to see how much everything will cost us and talked to my brother-in-law who is a general contractor in Florida to see how much it would cost to make the renovations.
So yesterday we decided to put down an offer on this place and my husband spent all day on the phone with various banks getting pre-approved. We found out our credit scores which are pretty good. When I was about to go on a mission my dad took out a joint credit card with a large limit in case I needed any money while I was in Italy. I had no idea he had done this until I was going over my credit information a few years ago. This, I believe, really helped my credit score and I've decided to do something similar for my kids.
This morning (after a 2 hour work delay and a long commute) I went into my bank and got a certified check for the earnest money deposit. We need to meet with the real estate agent soon to sign the papers so he can put in the offer. We also heard today that someone else has put in an offer as well so that's a bummer.
While I was at my bank the woman I was speaking to recommended that we get life insurance since we're planning on buying a place and are going to have a baby soon. I hadn't thought about that for awhile, but geesh, she's right. We really need to look into that. Add that to the list of things to do!
We went to my physical yesterday at a family practice and besides the LONG list of fees and 8-5 business hours we really liked it. The PA I met with was thorough and nice, she took time to answer questions and hear long stories about my medical history. It was good. So, now we're down to two places. I really like the family practice because it's professional and nice and doesn't feel like a daycare center. They have 4 doctors and 2 PAs so it's a bit more manageable that way.
We also like the mega pediatrics center because of the sweet 6:30-8 hours and they have a nurse available to answer calls all day. They are super available to freaked out first time parents and I'm sure the reassurance would be nice. I really have no idea which one to choose. The PA we met with suggested that we chat with friends who have children about who they go to. I've really only spoke to one and I'm not sure why since we actually have lots of friends with small children who probably have good pediatricians.
I handed in our pre-registration form to the hospital yesterday. Normally you could just mail it, but since it has our birth dates and social security numbers on it we decided to hand deliver it. It was fun to think about how that will be the first place I get to meet my son. Eight months down, one to go!!
Comments