I did some research on pediatricians in the area and found a group that is covered by my insurance that looks pretty good. Two of the doctors in the practice were rated Top Pediatricians on Washingtonian.com in 2005 (I can't access the 2010 version because you have to pay). They seem to have good hours and they make rounds at the hospital I'll be delivering at. I made a prenatal/introductory appointment for next Wednesday to check them out so hopefully we'll like them and won't have to worry about it anymore.
We're not going to be in the area too much longer (hopefully) so it's not like they'll be our "go to" until Beanie's 18. Thinking about having to do the whole process over once we get to Oklahoma City and then again in Albuquerque isn't thrilling.
My cousin is doing his residency in pediatrics in Florida (we're still really sad that he had to move away, but luckily my husband's family lives in Florida too so we'll see him and his wife occasionally) so I asked him what baby care reference guide he would recommend and he asked his attending and mothers he came into contact with yesterday and recommended Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, 5th Edition: Birth to Age 5, which is by the American Academy of Pediatrics and is more scientific based. I looked at the preview on Amazon and it looks exactly like what I was looking for so I purchased it and should receive it in a couple days. It's so nice to have a doctor in the family :)
We're thinking about getting the Puj baby bathtub. It's gotten all sorts of great reviews and was recommended on one of my favorite blogs Cardigan Empire. I'm trying not to buy anymore stuff until after the baby shower, I feel like we're not going to have anything left on the registry if we keep buying it all. You can get it on Amazon for $29.45, which is the cheapest I've found it. Here is the blog of the creator of the tub and she's been doing all sorts of giveaways. Maybe she'll have another and I'll win one. That'd be nice.


Comments
Btw remember that little bean will grow out of that tub after a few weeks and you will need a bigger one. Yes, do not buy too much stuff I am sure you will get most of it at your baby shower plus maybe people from your job will throw you one too. I only bought like 3 things and got a diaper bag as a bday gift the rest I got at my baby shower(s).