We braved the slush and picked up our new Chicco KeyFit car seat yesterday from Wal-Mart and we are mucho pleased. It has soo much padding it, it's rediculous and the colors are even more appealing in real life. The brown is much more of a tan, which I like. It seems smaller than the KeyFit 30 and fits perfectly into our tiny car.
The only drawback is that it is pretty heavy, 9 lbs. I guess it's all that padding! You also have to re-thread the shoulder straps when you need to move them up when the baby gets bigger, but we've only seen two car seats that have an easier feature where you just move up a lever on the back, and one of those is the First Years. It's something you only have to do occasionally anyway so no big deal.
I like the quality of all the snaps, buttons, the handle, etc. much nicer than a lot of the car seats we've played with at the store. The First Years car seat is pretty nice quality, but this Chicco is at least as nice as that one and much smaller. So I think we've finally found our seat!
We also received the book I ordered on baby care and it looks good. I really wanted a reliable book to have on hand when I'm at a loss of what to do at 3 AM. I love reference books, I still have a lot of my books from my economics classes just in case I need to look up something. It seems very thorough and has advice for each stage of development up to five years. Heaven knows I can use all the advice I can get! At least until I get the hang of things :)
I can't believe Christmas Eve is one week away! We haven't even put up our decorations yet. We're almost done packing up the boxes to send to our relatives...they'll have a second Christmas sometime before New Years!
My due date is exactly two months from today! I'm getting really excited to meet this little guy :)
My due date is exactly two months from today! I'm getting really excited to meet this little guy :)
Comments