Last night wasn't ideal for the most part. It's really cold out these days with the humidity and the wind, it's just not a good mix when using public transportation. I had to stand on the metro for a couple stops then a nice guy from another English speaking country let me sit down. There was all sorts of pushing and mean looks trying to get off the metro. Maybe it's the weather that's making everyone mean.
We decided that we really needed to go grocery shopping even though Hubby had two power point presentations to do for class today. We ran in and out, we were very fast and that part went ok. Then I attempted make dinner and half way through I realized I didn't have enough tomato soup.
I don't usually make this particular meal, my husband does, and since we use gluten free soup it threw off all the measurements. It was all very frustrating to me. I ended up throwing in some tomato sauce and paste in there along with milk. It turned out ok, but certainly not as good as usual. My husband felt bad because I was so frustrated, but needed to work on his assignments.
We finally ate at about 9 PM and there were still a ton of pots and pans to wash from the last couple nights. By the time I got the kitchen cleaned up I was super exhausted but still needed to do my kick count for the day. Little Bean was not feeling very energetic and I ended up falling asleep after downing a bottle of cranberry juice to help inspire the baby.
In the meantime we were watching Amazon's lightening deals because they had the Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote Bag I wanted on there. It isn't the color I had wanted (black), but it's pretty nice looking, it might be nice not to have a black bag - I have a lot of black bags. We got it for $65, which is the cheapest I've seen it. We'll see how it looks when it gets here, we can always send it back. In the meantime, here's a picture.
When my husband finally crawled into bed around 3-4 AM after finally finishing one of his assignments he had his hand on my belly and said the baby was kicking like crazy. Finally! I couldn't really feel it, it was more of fluttery kicks. It did make me feel better about his whole not moving act earlier.
I was supposed to get into work early today, but my alarm didn't go off. Honestly, I was thinking about calling in sick for a half day anyway since I was so beat from all the activity last night and I didn't get much sleep. It wasn't a big deal I didn't come in early, I was going to be there more for moral support than necessity. I decided to sleep in another hour past my normal wake up time for good measure and my husband gave me a ride into work, which was nice.
I really could have cared less about going to work today, but I had no real reason not to. I can't wait til the weekend! Next week is Hubby's finals and then after that we're home free through January. I told him last night not to expect me to be cooking and cleaning anymore when he finishes school for the semester.
We haven't done anything with our stroller yet since my husband has been so busy with school. We've been sort of thinking about getting the The First Years Indigo Stroller, which also acts as a sort of travel system with our car seat and is much lighter than the Wave stroller. Mostly we'd like to get it just to see what it's like. We're still looking into a frame stroller like the "Snap-n-Go," and we're going to take our car seat to Babies R Us to see if it works for our car seat. Again, after hubby finishes up with school.

Comments