The last few days Beanie has really eased up on the kicking and last night he was particularly lazy when I really wanted reassurance that he was doing ok. Of course I'm a worrier especially when it comes to this unborn child of mine (I fully anticipate this to get worse even after the child is born) and I started freaking out even though I was semi-distracted by my favorite show "Grey's Anatomy."
I took it upon myself to eat some pumpkin ice cream in hopes of waking up the little guy. It took what seemed to be a long time but he finally got himself together and started to kick. Then he wouldn't stop. He was kicking all night long and he's been moving around periodically all today. He's going to be a fun teenager, not doing what I want and then doing it to the extreme just to show me. Anyway, I'm grateful that he's back to his old self and I'll try to go back to being a normal human being and not being completely focused on what's going inside my belly. Although I will still day dream about nuzzling his little cheek against mine and dressing him up in all his cute clothes. I can't wait!
Getting to work today was ok. I have decided that I just need to readjust my expectations for myself, back to what I was doing during my first trimester by making sure I had plenty of water and didn't hustle for any reason. I was lucky that a woman let me take her spot today on the train, I really needed to sit down -- funny how it's always the middle aged/older women who have birthed their own children that take pity on a pregnant woman. I'm going to make sure to teach my kids about courtesy on public transportation, something I didn't really learn until I was on a mission in Italy and I got chewed out by a woman for not forfeiting my seat to an older gentleman. I had just arrived in the country, but I could tell she was mad about something and I was embarrassed but also confused that why if she felt so strongly about it, she didn't give him her seat.
I then baby stepped my way the half a mile to work, taking time to window shop along the way. I did get some side cramps, but felt a lot better than yesterday. That half a mile is so much longer when I have to pitter patter the entire way. I'm so glad that I'm pregnant during the cooler months, there's no way I could have managed the heat wave this summer being this far along. Those poor poor women. I've been getting heat flashes like no body's business and the cool fall air feels great on my face, making the trek a little more bearable.
We've been checking out the Black Friday deals and planning our strategy for next week. We found that Babies R Us is going to be selling a couple gliders and a recliner for half price and we've determined to get one (they are about the same price as buying them on Craig's List and they're new). We called last night to find out what time they are opening on Friday morning and the manager confirmed that they will be selling the chairs that are at their warehouse, but we don't know how many that is so we have to get there early.
This is the recliner that we're planning on buying. I think it will go nicely with the furniture we bought for Beanie that is also dark brown. We're going to go to Babies R Us to check it out sometime before Thursday and do a "recon" of where various items are located so we can get what we want. They have good deals on diapers, baby wipes, select baby bags, and clothes that we're also planning on checking out. You can see the deals here, although the official ad hasn't come out yet.
This is the recliner that we're planning on buying. I think it will go nicely with the furniture we bought for Beanie that is also dark brown. We're going to go to Babies R Us to check it out sometime before Thursday and do a "recon" of where various items are located so we can get what we want. They have good deals on diapers, baby wipes, select baby bags, and clothes that we're also planning on checking out. You can see the deals here, although the official ad hasn't come out yet.
![]() |
| image via here. |

Comments