It's weird having a Thursday off and then having to go to work for one more day before the weekend. It's really thrown me off.
Yesterday was dedicated to eating and baby stuff. We went on a double date with our friends for Veterans Day. Both of the husbands received free meals at Chili's so it was a good excuse to eat out. I got steak since I need the iron :)
Yesterday was dedicated to eating and baby stuff. We went on a double date with our friends for Veterans Day. Both of the husbands received free meals at Chili's so it was a good excuse to eat out. I got steak since I need the iron :)
After our meal Hubby and I went over to Babies R Us to start our registry and to check out car seats and gliders. We ended up more confused than we were before. After doing some research on prices, etc we've decided that we want to get a car seat/carrier with a snap-and-go frame for the stroller instead of the travel system. When we checked out the travel system strollers I found that I'm too weak to haul around that heavy stroller and since the price difference is such that we wouldn't really be spending that much more money if we bought the stroller seperately after Bean grows out of the carrier we figured we might as well go with the frame stroller.
My husband has been diligently checking out infant car seats on-line for the past several months and likes the Safety 1st car seat. When we were looking at them I felt like it wasn't as good of quality as say Britax, but it is half the price and it seems like the quality factor is directly proportional to how much you pay. So do I want nice material or do I want to pocket $100?
I looked up all the various rating systems to see which comes out on top and every one of them has a different favorite, all of them have good and bad reviews. It seems like they are all good, and I don't think we'll end up regretting our choice whatever it may be. I like both Graco and Chicco, they are more of the tried and true brands and have good reviews, however the Safety 1st® OnBoard™ Infant Car Seat- Proton seems like it has a lot of good features (side impact, bubble level indicator, accommodate babies up to 35lbs without being extremely heavy) plus it's a lot cheaper.
We spent a lot of time trying out all the gliders and found one we like for the most part, but they are so expensive. We may continue looking on Craig's List for the time being, although if we want to buy one that is customized we need to do it soon. It takes 10-12 weeks!
On our way home we picked up pizza at UNOs because they were participating in the Veterans Day fun as well. We got home just in time for me to go to a consignment sale with Kim, who we ate with earlier in the day. I picked up some more clothes for Bean. I tried to limit myself to things we needed and bigger clothes. They had some really nice brands and they were clean - I didn't feel dirty after rummaging through the clearance section which was nice. I got him the cutest bib overalls that will go nicely with all the long sleeved onesies we bought at GAP. I like to take out all the clothes we've bought for him and look at them and refold them and put them back. I can't wait :) I also bought a pair of GAP maternity pants for work for $20 which will be really nice.
Last night I felt Bean rolling around in my belly all night long. When does this boy sleep? This morning as I was getting ready it came to my mind that Bean is also really excited to come to Earth and start his journey here. He's been waiting a long time :) I've been wanting to be a mom since I can remember and it's crazy to think that I will be in a few short months!

Comments
Good luck with the car seat decision. There are a lot to choose from. I think if you're looking at safety reviews, and find one that you can be happy with, then you can't go wrong. We chose Chicco because it was the best rated car seat of 2008. It also has a bubble level indicator, which is definitely very nice!
It's so cool you're going to be a mom soon. It's amazing! :)
I can't wait to see what you picked! :)