After a couple of our friends recommended it, we finally came around to buying Baby Bargains: Secrets to Saving 20% to 50% on Baby Furniture, Equipment, Clothes, Toys, Maternity Wear and Much, Much More! by Denise Fields and Alan Fields. It came in on Tuesday night and I went through pretty much the whole thing and decided that we should have bought it ages ago, it would have saved us a lot of time researching all these things since they came to pretty much the same conclusions that we did and had a lot of great tips.
I was happy that the Graco Pack n' Play was a good choice and that the The First Years Via I450 Infant Car Seat, Urban Life got an A- rating. They liked everything about it except that you can only use it with the base, which I completely agree with.
It describes what types of clothes you should buy for each age and how many of each you will need. It also lays out how many diapers and what sizes you should have on hand before the baby arrives. Very practical stuff!
So save yourself a lot of time and money and buy the book early on before you buy a lot of things you won't need. I'm happy that it looks like so far we've been doing pretty well overall in our purchases, but it's good to have this resource for future purchases, like who has the cheapest diapers -- Sam's Club ($.14/diaper).

Comments