Skip to main content

happiness/sadness

Last night we were watching past episodes of the new show Nikita.  I used to be a huge fan of the TV show La Femme Nikita back before it was cancelled years ago so I was skeptical about watching this new one, I couldn't possibly like it as much, plus it's on the same time as Grey's Anatomy.  I am liking this new show and it's nice that I can watch it on Hulu so I can see my Grey's in real time and Nikita whenever there isn't anything else on, which is quite frequently. 

Anyway, there was an episode where she's remembering her first mission and she had to kill the dad of this baby girl after Nikita became the nanny, (I'm sure it didn't help that he was Asian and the mom was blonde).  I was so so sad.  I couldn't help sobbing.  It was ridiculous and it actually helped when my husband reminded me that it was just pretend.  Anything to do with babies throws me off.  I was surprised how sad I was about the whole thing...ridiculously sad.  Then we find out later that he was a bad guy who faked his death and that helped a lot :)  These pregnancy hormones are nuts!  Luckily I haven't been angry really, I may actually be nicer now.  But if there is anything sad or sappy I will cry a lot more than what is socially acceptable.  Sort of reminds me of May in the Secret Life of Bees.

It was my husband's birthday yesterday so Saturday we went to our favorite Japanese steakhouse to celebrate.  It was a good thing we did because he got sick over the weekend and had to come home early from school yesterday. Instead of napping like he should have, he put together the baby's new furniture.  It looks good!  The box from my in-laws full of baby stuff should be coming soon and now we're ready to store it :) 

We have moved around all our furniture and ventured out on Craig's List.  We gave our desk/entertainment center away on Sunday night and yesterday a couple came and bought our chairs.  Now we really have to decide which glider we want to fill in the gap. All we have is the couch to sit on.  It's looking good though.  So much more space and it's more open, things look more organized than before.  I'm really liking having an actual desk for our computer with an appropriate chair.  My husband is missing his IKEA chairs though.

Also last night I talked to my biological dad who told me that my grandpa has terminal cancer and will hopefully live another three years with chemotherapy.  I am of course sad to hear it.  Hopefully we can go next summer and he can meet Beanie.  I'm glad that we went to the hospital to see him when we were there in August.  My younger cousin just died of an overdose a week ago so that side of the family has had a lot of heartache lately.

Comments

Amanda said…
Pregnancy hormones are awful. They're just as bad (worse maybe) afterward, I think. It's funny to me the stuff I cried at before.

Sorry to hear about the family losses/illnesses in your family! :(

Also...gliders: we love our Dutalier (sp?) glider. I don't know how I would've done it without it! It's so amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

labor & delivery

I'm finally getting around to posting my labor and delivery story.  After I got an epidural I wrote down what had happened so far and after the baby was born I wrote down the rest to make sure I remembered everything.  Since it's been two weeks of not a lot sleep and my memory of the event is somewhat drowned out with all the new mommy stuff, I'm just going to type what I wrote. February 21, 2011 - Monday We got up at abut 6 AM after a short night of lots of cramping.  I was hoping to go into labor or at least make some progress, but no luck.  I was still at 1 cm when the doctor measured me at about 8:30 am.  I got the oxytocin and a bulb to open up my cervix at about 8:45 am.   pre-pain, Nurse Lynn At first the contractions were so bad I wanted to cry and then they slowed down and it was more tolerable, but not to the point where I could walk around and I still threw up from the pain.  It got really bad at 1:10 when they gave me the Pitocin. ...

top 10 reasons I love breastfeeding

I have to preface this list with that it is MY list. Not all these things will apply to everyone.  I am aware that some women have a really hard time breastfeeding, some stick with it and some don't and they would have their own lists of why they like it or not.   Quentin and I have had a really easy time with it for whatever reason.  It's not because of anything I've done.  I do believe it is something all new moms should try.  Not like you tried it once and it didn't work out, but really truly try and get help from a lactation consultant if you need to.  It's totally worth it if you can get it to work for you.  If you decide not to for whatever reason I won't judge you.  I was bottle fed myself and I turned out just fine. 10. Bigger boobs.  I've always had really small breasts and have worn padded bras pretty much since puberty and kids made fun of small cup size.  I like how breastfeeding has made me more proportional a...

breastfeeding & weaning

Quentin has started walking!  Everyday he becomes more and more confident and walks more and more.  He's at about 50% crawling, 50% walking now.  My parents are in town and my mom commented how stable he is for just starting out. I can't really compare him to other kids since I only have the one.  I think he was just waiting until he felt completely confident. He has been eating a lot better lately.  He even ate some tilapia a couple times, but it had to be off of other people's plates for some reason.  I also started feeding him baby food again, which he gladly eats.  He likes it and it's healthy for him so I see no reason to force him to eat other food.  If he's 14 and still wants to eat baby food I guess that will be ok (he definitely wouldn't be overweight), but my guess is that he probably will give in to peer pressure before that happens. Last week he didn't want to take any morning naps, but this week he's been much more interested...