One of my favorite blogs is Cardigan Empire. I love her suggestions and I particularly love her style of writing. So clever! She's pregnant so she's been doing some posts on what to wear while pregnant. I particularly liked this quote, "While fashion architecture is traditionally executed to draw attention away from a broad area, this is not the case in pregnancy. Your expanding arched abdomen is a glorious line. And it is unmistakable physical evidence that you are very desirable to the opposite sex." I wish I felt that way!
She says to buy five pairs of pants (one pair of jeans), ten shirts, a skirt, and a dress. I have purchased a pair of legging jeans and three pairs of work pants and a dress. I have a bunch of shirts, more than ten I'm sure.
I have been making some purchases lately and spent all of my birthday money, plus some that was technically for my husband's birthday. Shade is going out of business, it could be temporary, so their maternity shirts are all on sale. I hurried and bought a bunch of basics. They are really soft and washed up nicely. I think they will be good under sweaters when it gets cold out.
![]() |
| photo via here |
| photo via here |
I also bought a dress and a couple pairs of pants from Old Navy and two pairs of pants from H&M along with a couple sweaters. My friend Sara whose little girl will turn one right after Little Bean is born, gave me a bunch of maternity tops and a Bella Band that I'm excited to wear.
![]() |
| photo via here |
This weekend I went through all my clothes and put away those that for sure won't fit me anytime soon and hung up all my cute new maternity clothes. I've already started to wear the maternity pants even though they are a little big. They are so much more comfortable than trying to wear my old pants. I feel like I'm constantly tugging at them to make sure they don't fall down since they aren't buttoned up, even with the Bella Band.
Cardigan Empire has been posting a series of different pregnant body types and some ideas on how to dress. She still has two more posts in the series. There are some good suggestions on Baby Center on that subject that seem to be very much in line with the Cardigan Empire posts so far. They will apply to me more once I really start showing and can fit myself into a category of carrying either too high, too low, or all over. There's also the option that you're really skinny and you're all belly, but I have a feeling that won't apply to me.
Another blog I follow, Ruffling Feathers, had a post on maternity clothes too that I liked. She suggests buying some long camisoles or undershirts and leggings so I'm on track with that. I still need to buy some skirts, but I haven't found any I really like. I probably should calm down on the clothes buying since I still have a few months and I'm sure I'll want something new later on. Maybe it's just fall that brings out the shopper in me :)



Comments