Skip to main content

he's a boy!

We just had our anatomy ultrasound this morning.  My husband was a little stressed out about the whole thing because he ended up needing to go into work to get processed in for his semi-permanent job at 8:30.  He's being hired on from his internship, but it's only for a year.  They love him so he could likely stay on longer if he wants, but hopefully he'll get his air traffic control job by then so it won't be necessary.  It's nice to have a back up plan though. 

Our appointment was at 7:30 am and my alarm went off at 7:00.  I thought it was the earlier alarm I set at 6:15 so I took my time getting up. Luckily we were only five minutes late.  Not that it mattered, the technicians don't come in until 8:00 anyway so it was more like 8:20 by the time the ultrasound actually started. 

The baby was totally uncooperative - hopefully this isn't an indicator of things to come :)  He was curled up on his stomach and kept moving his arms and legs so we couldn't get a good view of his heart or face.  We were able to tell that he is a boy.  My husband was actually the first one to point it out.  I was a little surprised.  After my husband kept saying that he thought it was a girl I started to believe him, although he did look it up on the Chinese baby gender predictor chart and it said that we were having a boy.  I was sort of hoping for a girl because we have so many little boys on both sides of the family and I was the oldest in my family so I thought it would be fun to have a girl first.  I did always want an older brother so now my children will have a big brother to watch over them :)

I had to use the bathroom a couple times and walk/jump around to try and get the baby to turn over so the technician could see the rest of him.  He would move and then go back to his stomach.  Finally after the last bathroom session he moved just enough to get the heart and face.  No cleft pallet and everything looks good with all his organs and limbs.  I'm so excited to meet the little guy.  Plus he'll get lots of hand-me-downs from all his cousins :)

Now the question that begs to be answered...what are we going to name him?  Boy names are so hard!  At least we have 20 more weeks to think about it.

We drove out to airport and bought the baby bed on Saturday.  It's really cute and clean.  My husband cleaned the dust off of it and it doesn't have any stains or anything.  It is blue and white and I love the fabric design.  The guy we bought it from was really nice and his house was clean.  We've been obsessively researching strollers ever since.  After talking to my friend Sara, I'm thinking the travel system is the way to go since you can continue to use the stroller after the baby out grows the infant carseat.  We've been looking at Graco and Chicco, but haven't decided which is better. 

Comments

Amanda said…
Love the Chicco car seat! Hate the Chicco stroller compared to my BOB stroller! :)
Sara said…
I prefer Graco of course! lol But whatever works best for you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

labor & delivery

I'm finally getting around to posting my labor and delivery story.  After I got an epidural I wrote down what had happened so far and after the baby was born I wrote down the rest to make sure I remembered everything.  Since it's been two weeks of not a lot sleep and my memory of the event is somewhat drowned out with all the new mommy stuff, I'm just going to type what I wrote. February 21, 2011 - Monday We got up at abut 6 AM after a short night of lots of cramping.  I was hoping to go into labor or at least make some progress, but no luck.  I was still at 1 cm when the doctor measured me at about 8:30 am.  I got the oxytocin and a bulb to open up my cervix at about 8:45 am.   pre-pain, Nurse Lynn At first the contractions were so bad I wanted to cry and then they slowed down and it was more tolerable, but not to the point where I could walk around and I still threw up from the pain.  It got really bad at 1:10 when they gave me the Pitocin. ...

top 10 reasons I love breastfeeding

I have to preface this list with that it is MY list. Not all these things will apply to everyone.  I am aware that some women have a really hard time breastfeeding, some stick with it and some don't and they would have their own lists of why they like it or not.   Quentin and I have had a really easy time with it for whatever reason.  It's not because of anything I've done.  I do believe it is something all new moms should try.  Not like you tried it once and it didn't work out, but really truly try and get help from a lactation consultant if you need to.  It's totally worth it if you can get it to work for you.  If you decide not to for whatever reason I won't judge you.  I was bottle fed myself and I turned out just fine. 10. Bigger boobs.  I've always had really small breasts and have worn padded bras pretty much since puberty and kids made fun of small cup size.  I like how breastfeeding has made me more proportional a...

breastfeeding & weaning

Quentin has started walking!  Everyday he becomes more and more confident and walks more and more.  He's at about 50% crawling, 50% walking now.  My parents are in town and my mom commented how stable he is for just starting out. I can't really compare him to other kids since I only have the one.  I think he was just waiting until he felt completely confident. He has been eating a lot better lately.  He even ate some tilapia a couple times, but it had to be off of other people's plates for some reason.  I also started feeding him baby food again, which he gladly eats.  He likes it and it's healthy for him so I see no reason to force him to eat other food.  If he's 14 and still wants to eat baby food I guess that will be ok (he definitely wouldn't be overweight), but my guess is that he probably will give in to peer pressure before that happens. Last week he didn't want to take any morning naps, but this week he's been much more interested...