I'm grateful today. I have a wonderful husband, a healthy baby in my womb, a good job, and I've been feeling pretty good lately. Life is good right now, which makes me scared that something bad will happen. This is why I generally don't get too optimistic about anything, because I'm afraid that the fates will not allow me to be happy for too long. I'm probably just superstitious and I should enjoy life instead of wondering what mischief lies around the corner. Don't be like me.
We are constantly looking out for boy names now. This is going to be tough. Everyday we come up with a different one we like. Lately it's Charles or Charlie. It's not very tough sounding, but it's cute and familial.
Like everything else that has to do with pregnancy, babies, or children, choosing to find out the gender of your baby is also controversial. One person asked when I said we were finding out, "so you can't wait?' Well, I could wait, but I decided not to.
I'm happy with my decision because I'm a planner and I've found that it's really hard to prepare these days because they don't offer very many gender neutral things, besides I don't really want my kid to have all green and yellow clothes. Another reason is that it breaks things up and gives me something to be excited about now, while I have 20 more weeks to go. Once the baby is here I will have plenty of things to be excited about, but now I'm just playing the waiting game.
I love imagining my little boy and all the fun we're going to have. My husband is already imagining him as a Boy Scout and going off to college. I'm so glad that I've been able to serve in the nursery at church and be around toddlers. It's really helped me get excited for my own because I know how fun they can be. If I love these little tykes I only see for a couple hours a week, imagine how much I will love my own child.
Comments