Wednesday I had a meeting with a woman I work with upstairs who I hadn't seen in awhile. When we were finishing up I stood up and she was still sitting giving her a great view of my abdomen. She asked what was going on in my mid-section and I admitted that I was indeed with child. She said she couldn't really tell from the front but it was super obvious from the side and wondered how no one else had said anything. I think it's mostly because I'm at that stage where people aren't really sure and don't want to mistakenly ask if I'm not pregnant. Plus I don't talk about my personal life at work.
I thought about telling my boss right away since it was getting pretty obvious that I was pregnant, but he was really busy preparing and giving a presentation he gave yesterday. So I figured this morning would be the perfect time to have our sit down. I have been rehearsing how I would say it all week. Then I got an email saying he was working from home today. Bummer. Now I have to wait until Tuesday to tell him. Supposedly the baby is supposed to double in size within the next couple weeks and it's getting hard to keep it under wraps. I wanted to tell him before it became too obvious but it seem like it went from me looking a little bloated to super obvious in a week. Who knows what I'll look like next week.
I'm so excited for this three day weekend. We for sure need a break to get caught up on everything. We had a bit of an ant problem earlier in the week and had the exterminator come and all our food is still all sitting on our kitchen table waiting to be put away. Also my husband went to Sam's Club and we went to the lot sale at the grocery store yesterday so we have all these huge groceries that need to be put somewhere. I miss those days when my husband just went to school and would clean up during the day so I didn't have to. Now we spend our weekends cleaning and him doing homework and it still seems like our house is a disaster at all times. Maybe we can have fun on Monday.
Comments