Today was the first time that someone offered to let me have their spot on the metro. Men have done it in the past to be courteous (that's pretty rare), but this was a woman so I know she was thinking I must be pregnant. I'm feeling pretty good these days so I didn't feel like I needed to sit down, but it really made my train ride.
I also saw a woman with her pant legs pegged. She didn't have on scrunchy socks or keds, she had on some gold sandals and they were rolled to her ankles, she looked fashionable so it wasn't the same look I sported in 7th grade. But still, they were definitely pegged. I wonder if this look is coming back. Wouldnt' that be crazy?
The weather is noticeably cooler in the mornings especially, which is getting me really excited for fall. This summer has been ridiculously hot and I'm so looking forward to wearing jackets, scarves, and boots and drinking cider and mass amounts of pumpkins for sale on various church lawns. I also want to go up to Shenandoah National Park to see the beautiful leaves turning. Fall here in DC is wonderful. I highly recommend it. The Cherry Blossoms are nice in the spring, but there are so many tourists it's really hard to enjoy it. In the fall all the tour buses leave and things are so much nicer. I never had much of an autumn growing up since it always snowed by, or usually on, Halloween. Here it's nice through the end of the year.
The turning of the seasons also means that Little Bean is getting bigger. Next week we go in for our 4 month check up and in less than three weeks we'll know the gender. I'm so excited to see Little Bean again, moving around, getting big. Just thinking about it makes me happy. I've never looked forward to winter, but this year it's like Christmas in February. For various reasons I'm glad we're having our baby in February, one of which is that it's such a gray, cold time of year that I usually just wish away. This will give me something to look forward to and every year we can celebrate a birthday. Of course if we move to Texas or Florida it might be a really nice time of year and in that case our baby will be lucky to have good weather on his/her birthday, like I did growing up.
Comments