I'm pretty sure I felt the baby the other night. It was a distinct flutter and I hadn't felt anything like it pre-pregnancy. I'm just waiting to feel it again. Two more days until we get to hear the baby's heart beat again. It never gets old!
I started my baby registry at Target. I found a baby registry guide that is pretty useful on Babble awhile back and saved it onto my Springpad, which saves all the cool links I find and I can organize them. Since we don't know the gender, it's pretty limiting as far as colors go. I'm not that big of a fan of tan/brown so that eliminates a lot of clothes, we're just thinking about basics right now and even they come in feminine and masculine colors. There's so much to decide on...which thermometer, which baby carrier, which baby bag. I've mostly been going off of any semi-well written blog post since I have no idea.
Cardigan Empire did a post on her favorite baby gadgets including her favorite Skip Hop baby bag, Puj baby bathtub, and the Miracle Blanket swaddle. I registered for all of them. We will eventually have to decide on a carrier. For now I'm liking the Moby wrap, although I have never tried it. I guess I like the idea of a wrap. I'm going to have to check out this website The BabyWearer and see if it has any advice.
![]() |
| photo via here |
We're thinking about getting a Pack n' Play for the baby to sleep in since we're going to be so short on space. I like the ones with the baby changing table included and space below the bassinet for storage with the zipper storage area. Unfortunately my favorite, Suite Solutions™ Pack 'n Play® Playard, seems to only come in brown/tan, but maybe we could find a discontinued one on Craig's List or something that would go with my turquoise, yellow, and grey theme I want for my one day nursery.
![]() |
| photo via here |
This Pack 'n Play® Silhouette™ Playard has the colors I like, but no zipper storage area...I could maybe live without it...
![]() |
| photo via here |
I also came across this blog post about what to use to avoid stretch marks. Apparently 100% shea butter is where it's at. My husband had been on a crusade to find the least expensive good stuff. He's pretty much an expert now after all his research and has found many testimonials saying that the other creams do not have enough shea butter in them to make a difference so you have to get the pure stuff or at last 99.5%.
![]() |
| photo via here |
Besides stretch marks, we're always looking for something that we can use for our eczema. We figure since both of us have skin issues our baby will most likely be cursed as well so it would be excellent if we could find a natural cream to use. My sister-in-law's kids both have eczema and she said that the medication bleached their skin. I have very fair skin so that's never been an issue for me, but I wouldn't want to take the chance on my baby's delicate skin.




Comments
I recommend a book called "Baby Bargains". It's only $10 or something and it has a lot of good recommendations for keeping costs down with baby. It seriously never failed me. I still use it with all the things you need as baby grows.
We love the Graco pack n play that you posted...the changing table was an awesome thing at home, though I like the play yard that has the zippered storage, too.
I also recommend the Moby Wrap (or the Sleep Wrap, which is roughly the same thing). We have the Baby Bjorn, a Hotsling Sling, and the Sleepy Wrap. I loved the Sleepy Wrap the best and wish we'd had it from the get-go with Saoirse; instead, we received it as a gift several months after she was born.
Good luck and enjoy the registry! We had a great time with it!