On Saturday I went to family day with my husband for the Air Force Reserves and was able to ride on a KC-135 with the other spouses. We were lucky enough to see an air refueling and went almost all the way down to Florida on our three hour ride.
Since I'm now in charge of 30+ 18mo-3 yr olds at church my Sundays have become significantly more stressful. There aren't enough nursery leaders and we need to split up the kids into smaller groups. Every week there is some problem I have to deal with. I try not to get too stressed out about it, but this calling has seriously started to take over my life. I'm so glad I'm not going to be there this week. They'll have to fend for themselves!
Yesterday was my 30th birthday and I was overwhelmed with the great well wishes from all my friends and family. My day at work was not interesting at all, but after work my husband took me out to eat at a fancy restaurant (it is Restaurant Week here) and gave me a dozen red roses, I'm a little sad about leaving them tomorrow morning knowing they'll be dead by the time I get back from our trip. At home he presented me with my birthday gifts: a back support cushion for work, a massage chair cushion for the living room, and a Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow for bed. I should be super comfortable pretty much everywhere I go. I had to try out the body pillow last night even though I don't have a big belly to really appreciate it and it was cozy. My husband did feel neglected because I was cuddling with the pillow instead of him.
![]() |
| doesn't she look happy to be using the snoogle? |
It was a good birthday, up until I was almost asleep and I had to jump over the snoogle and run to the bathroom to puke up my beautiful dinner, I had even ate a big salad just for Little Bean. I had forgotten to take my pre-natal vitamin earlier in the evening and paid for it. I was really thinking I would be fine since I'm technically in my 2nd trimester now, I guess not. I woke up this morning feeling good, but after I ate my big bowl of oatmeal I was feeling queasy again and I didn't know if I was going to make it to work on the metro this morning. Luckily my husband also bought me more Preggy Pop Drops yesterday cause it looks like I'm going to need them!
Tomorrow morning we're off to visit family in Wyoming. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather and relaxation for a few days. I'm not looking forward to doing laundry and packing tonight, however.

Comments
Your blog brings back so many pregnancy memories for me. And, it makes me wish I had done a better job of recording all of the little details. :)