Wednesday is our 2nd OB appointment so we'll get to (hopefully) hear our baby's heartbeat again on the Doppler. I'm much more relaxed about the baby's progress after our last ultrasound, but it's nice to have someone tell you everything (still) looks good. My pooch is definitely getting bigger and my pants are getting snug, and not just in the bloated afternoons. Hopefully this isn't due to all the junk I've been eating lately and is actually baby/uterus.
Another big issue for me are the huge zits on my chin. The ones are my forehead are much smaller and less noticeable, but I haven't had these big of zits (and this many) since I was in high school. I read that I'm not supposed to use traditional acne medication so I've been cleaning it with astringent and putting toothpaste on them at night (I'm desperate). It seems to be helping a little actually. I'm so grateful for cover up these days. Along with the zittage I've acquired I also have eczema above my upper lip that won't go away and my eye lids have been red and puffy all the time. I'm assuming it might be because of allergies. I just have all sorts of issues. It just adds the the attractiveness I already feel with my increased size. Awesome.
It does seem that I'm feeling slightly better these days. I even managed to bake a cake and bread this weekend after we finally got our electricity back on. We had a really big storm Thursday afternoon which knocked down a transformer in our neighborhood (lucky us, we were one of the hardest hit in the metro area) and we were without power until Saturday morning. I also went to a good friend's baby shower and we used our free tickets from the USO to see a semi-finals tennis match at the Legg-Mason Classic. I was super tired, but didn't pass out or anything.
Yesterday I was back in Nursery during church, which was super stressful with kids biting and throwing things at each other. There are so many issues to deal with since I have a bunch of new kids coming every week and not enough leaders to watch them. I've been feeling even more stressed out after watching "In the Womb" and learning that the baby is affected by all the stress you feel. I really need to start doing yoga or something.
Comments
Try Burts Bees acne spot treatment. I think it helped me. I didn't have bad acne in high school but it was horrendous the first 1-2 trimesters (it does clear up). I used face wash with salicylic acid in it the whole time I was prego...and I don't think it affected Saoirse at all. Good luck with this. I hated feeling so icky about my appearance, especially my face. I could rationalize the weight gain as the baby...but the acne?! Ugh! :)