This morning I had another harrowing experience on the metro. It was similar to when I was trying to board the plan in Switzerland. I knew running for the bus was a bad idea, but it was so close and I was running a little late so I figured it would be ok. Riding the bus was fine since I had a seat and I would have been ok on the metro if not for a sick passenger who caused delays and I was stuck standing up for about 10 minutes longer than necessary (it felt like a lifetime). I started sweating and blacking out so I jumped off the train at the next stop so I could sit down on one of the benches and drink the water I brought with me. It helped a lot and I eventually made it to work 15 minutes later than usual. No one noticed. Did I mention how excited I am for my husband to finish up his internship so he can recommence taking my lazy butt to work in a car?
I also finally made my appointment for my ultrasound on August 2. I’m really excited to see how Little Bean is doing. They are going to do a bunch of tests so we’ll know for sure if everything is going ok. I’m a little nervous. It’s like waiting for what could be Christmas, or what could be a really bad day. Every day I pray that our baby is growing and developing as it should so if that’s not the case I’ll assume that Heavenly Father has other plans. After this ultrasound we’re going to start announcing the pregnancy to everyone so that will be exciting. So far I haven’t wanted to get my hopes up just in case, but after we know things are progressing I’ll be able to relax a little – even though I’ll still worry for the rest of my life because that’s what parents do.
I also finally made my appointment for my ultrasound on August 2. I’m really excited to see how Little Bean is doing. They are going to do a bunch of tests so we’ll know for sure if everything is going ok. I’m a little nervous. It’s like waiting for what could be Christmas, or what could be a really bad day. Every day I pray that our baby is growing and developing as it should so if that’s not the case I’ll assume that Heavenly Father has other plans. After this ultrasound we’re going to start announcing the pregnancy to everyone so that will be exciting. So far I haven’t wanted to get my hopes up just in case, but after we know things are progressing I’ll be able to relax a little – even though I’ll still worry for the rest of my life because that’s what parents do.
I’m thinking that my pre-natal vitamins have been the culprit for my night time nausea. Last night I switched to the samples my doctor gave me and made myself stay up a little while after I took it and I didn’t throw up!
My weekend was good. We went up to Maryland to visit my sister-in-law’s family who was visiting her husband’s aunt and uncle. They were having a big birthday party for the uncle who turned 60 with lots of food and a live band. It was nice. I ate fruit and potato salad, nothing beats cold and fresh these days. I was nauseous but I did ok. Afterwards we went to our friend’s open house and chatted for a little bit before calling it a night at around 8 PM.
Sunday we went to church for about 20 minutes before heading back up to Maryland to attend my friend’s baby’s baptism. It was the first infant baptism I had ever been to and I was surprised how much water the minister put on the baby’s head, like she was washing her hair really well. She was a real trooper though and didn’t get fussy at all. She’s such a laid back baby and really alert. Her great-grandma was talking to her for awhile and she looked like she was really following her. After the baptism we went to a restaurant for the celebration brunch. I always liked crab cakes but since they aren’t gluten free I chose the regular breakfast option, which turned out to be a good idea since my stomach wasn’t cooperating. There’s no way I could have eaten the poached eggs that came with the crab cake. The rest of the day I napped and hung out while my husband worked on his homework.
I couldn't force myself not to feel sick as I had hoped, but I had a good weekend anyway. Only four more days until Saturday and two weeks until my ultrasound and the end of my 1st trimester.
Comments