I've always heard pregnant women recounting their weird dreams and last night I had one about my upcoming ultrasound. A co-worker of mine was actually administering it and my boss was there. Neither of them knew much about about it though so I had to sort of guide the guy doing the ultrasound on what to do (not that I know much about it either). My husband was late - he was sleeping in a picture and I couldn't get him out then finally he showed up an hour late. Then when we did the ultrasound the baby was actually an alien octopus and it hopped right out. Yeah, not what I was expecting. Makes me grateful to know that despite everything else, I will have a human baby.
![]() |
| maybe this is where I got the idea. image. |
This brought up the fact that if my boss did ask me to do this I would have to tell him that I'm expecting. I don't know when is a good time to tell your boss such a thing, but I was planning to wait at least until after my first trimester, but now I may have to tell him sooner. I'm going to wait and see if he actually ever brings it up, since he hasn't said anything to me about it. Even if I did go for a month I couldn't leave until late August because I have two appointments and a vacation planned. I hope (and pray) he decides against this idea. I'm not sure how much help I'd be anyway since this is a pretty big problem they want me to help fix and I have less than a year of experience at this company.
I looked on-line on how to tell your boss your pregnant and they all say you should try and have some firm idea on what your future plans are, like if you're planning on returning to work afterwards. Right now I don't really know. Honestly, I would love to stay home with the baby if at all possible, but with my husband's employment status up in the air I'm not sure if it's possible. I don't know what we'd do about insurance and we don't want to unnecessarily use up all our savings waiting for him to get hired.
I probably won't know until the end of the year when hopefully the FAA will contact him about becoming an air traffic controller. Getting hired is a really long process (he applied a year ago and took the test in December and still hasn't heard anything). If he isn't working once he finishes school in the spring he could take care of the baby while I went back to work. I guess I'll just have to have faith that since I'm doing what the Lord wants me to (multiplying and replenishing the Earth), everything will work out with the job situation. It would be fantastic if we knew where we were going to be living, then we could move into a TWO bedroom apartment until we buy a house.

Comments